1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pinellas Man Accidentally Shoots Self

By STEVEN GIRARDI | The Tampa Tribune

Published: July 26, 2008

Madeira Beach - A man accidentally shot himself in the head with a gun he thought didn't work, but is expected to recover, the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office reported.

Dale Roberts, 20, was with his girlfriend, Amber Howell, 20, in his apartment, 107 145th Ave., at about 2:45 a.m. today, deputies said. The two had been drinking and Roberts jokingly aimed the .25-caliber handgun at his head. Thinking it wasn't working, he pulled the trigger, the gun fired and the bullet lodged in his skull, according to the report.

Roberts was transported to Bayfront Medical Center, where he was being treated, the report said.

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/26/pinellas-man-accidentally-shoots-self/

·
Registered
630 Posts
at least he didn't shoot himself in a vital organ or some place that would effect his life. or in plain english, what a dumbazz

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
This dumb ass should be a Darwin Award Nominee!, As I feel the world would be better off. But if I could ask him a question it would be-So do you always put loaded firearms to your head and pull the trigger JUST because you think it broken?

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Friends don't let friends buy mouse gun .25 ACP pistols, or drive drunk. Or handle pistols when drunk.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Twenty years ago, there was a teenager in San Diego who played Russian Roulette with a semi-automatic pistol. As shooters we know that doesn't work so well.

The story behind it was that he and his friend were trying to impress two girls. The boys did not understand the difference between the actions of a revolver and a pistol (or basic firearm safety). -The guy died.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I saw a guy that was shoot in the chest with a 25ACP , the round did not even penetrate the thorasic cavity. Very weak round, it's a casualty creater.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn... guess I needa dump the 15 different 25 ACP pistols I carry as my CHL weapons :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
25ACP only has around 60lbs of energy. You'd be better off throwing a ill tempered house cat at them. IMHO.

·
Registered
735 Posts
As someone once said (who that is escapes me at the moment), those guns can be very dangerous. A person shot with one may resort to violence.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts