FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's here some comments/pics/reviews of you guys who have the newer style piston Ar15s....

·
Registered
302 Posts
Best thing for the AR since eugene stoner invented it! Turns the AR-15 into an accruate AK :D

I would have one but im working as getting as many of these rifles before there banned. only worked with two POF uppers and theylook great. I have some pictures around here somewhere I took..

·
Registered
131 Posts
The two I have were expensive, one was 2,800 and the other fully loaded was well over four grand. Ya ! That hurt and I heard about it for a month.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There is an interesting thread

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/956106649

on SigForum from a guy who teaches a tact response class for contractors going overseas (some neat pix). In that thread he says that very, very few of the piston driven ARs make it through. I thought that was a very interesting comment and not at all what I expected as I have heard nothing but good things from my friends with the Sig 556 - of course, I doubt they are tough on them at the range as these guys are at work. I don't know that would stop me from buying one.

(I dont know if I can link to another forum so I will apoligize in advance)

ETA - the quote is about 2/3 of the way down the first page.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
ShipWreck said:
How much is it?

This is 1 thing that kinda makes the Sig 556 appealing.
The prices are coming down some, thank goodness. I think the 16" POF upper with no frills is down to around $1000.00 now.

I love SIG's. I own more of them than any other gun. But I don't want a 556. The only one I picked up rattled like an old AK47. My first impression was to laugh at it. I guess I was expecting a Porshe and saw a wolkswagon instead. I've not read anything on the net to make me believe the one I saw was a fluke.

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dumapus said:
There is an interesting thread

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/956106649

on SigForum from a guy who teaches a tact response class for contractors going overseas (some neat pix). In that thread he says that very, very few of the piston driven ARs make it through. I thought that was a very interesting comment and not at all what I expected as I have heard nothing but good things from my friends with the Sig 556 - of course, I doubt they are tough on them at the range as these guys are at work. I don't know that would stop me from buying one.

(I dont know if I can link to another forum so I will apoligize in advance)

ETA - the quote is about 2/3 of the way down the first page.
Sorry to hear that they are not as durable?!?

·
Registered
262 Posts
I really dont know what to make of that thread though......

He doesn't call out the Sig 556 specifically but piston ARs in general. However, if a lot of guys who know a lot more than I do who lives depend on reliabilityare now using the HK416/417 rifles and the LW uppers, I think that speaks for itself.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts