FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done jumped through the hoops and have an AAC Ti-Rant in the dealer's safe. It came with the wrong piston and they say I have to BUY the correct one.

My questions;

1) Do I have to buy a new one or is a used one okay?

2) Is a piston from one make the same as from another? Will one for an Osprey work on a Ti-Rant?

3) What are the chances I can get my dealer to "swap" it for me? I see no future with multiple gun use with this silencer.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
1) As long as the piston is in perfect shape, used would be fine ... but why risk your new Ti-Rant to save a few bucks?

2)The piston for the Ti-Rant is proprietary ... it only works on the Ti-Rant.

3) Whether your dealer will swap it out for you is a coin toss ... all depends on their customer service ethic.

What piston did you get anyway? You'll need either a short or long .578x28 piston for your Tactical ... personally, if it's staying on the FNX, I'd get the short piston; it looks way better with less gap between the slide/can.

Ti-RANT 45™ Piston

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
If the dealer ordered the Ti-Rant for you then THEY should provide the correct piston. If you ordered it from somewhere else and your local SOT is just handling the paperwork side of the deal for you then You will need to purchase the correct piston since you ordered the incorrect or work it it out with the original selling dealer...

I agree I would not risk a new can with a used piston UNLESS it was pristine and less than 50% of new

1 - 3 of 3 Posts