Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I have an ISSC M22 (sort of a Glock clone). I'm loving it. Just moved to Ukiah and am wondering where there might be some safe, but unregulated shooting areas. Is Jackson Demonstration Forest still in operation. How about Boggs Mountain? If you have directions, I would much appreciate them. I look forward to lot's of good Rimfire discussions here.
The ISSC, by the way loves CCI Mini Mags. It will shoot them without misfire all day!

·
Registered
876 Posts
If you live in California....First I'd make sure all my gun stuff is up to snuff with CA laws. Magazine capacity, type of firearm, ammo, everything. If all is good. I honestly would ask the CLEO or Sheriff. (I'd google them first on their gun stance). I'd probably say something like this. "I recently moved here and love it. I want to make sure I follow the law and that's why I wanted to ask a figure of authority such as yourself where I might be able to shoot my old single shot bolt action .22" "If you could provide any information where I can plink some cans Sir I would appreciate it." "I also want to let you know Sir that I strongly believe in environmental responsibility and always pickup my empty shell cases and cans to be properly recycled."...... Basically I would try to demonstrate to the CLEO/Sheriff that I'm no threat to find the hidden local shooting spots. Normally I'd recommend stoping by you local gun store and asking your fellow locals, but a real local gun store might be 200 miles away in California.

·
Registered
119 Posts
meh..way too much deference on ye olde kneepads for my sensibilities. Gosh..when did we become their serfs or they our betters.. Try asking without the scraping of the forelock on the gravel first, render supplication on bended knee if it goes sideways and they kick your ass instead.. Be careful following my advice, I am not a lawyer, just a sovereign citizen doing no harm..which wont save me from as asskicking either..

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
I don't know if there is such a thing but maybe there are some clubs ( members only ) that you could join ?
Not sure on regulations on the left coast but here in MI there are clubs you want to join and other's I don't bother with.
General rule of thumb ! ! ! If the club ( range ) is in or around a city/town they may have a designated range officer if there are some on the outskirts they may be more open to an " honor code " of conduct and your left to your own honor & integrity to follow club rules !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.