FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am planning on purchasing a PS90. I am kind of planning out what all I want to do to it and I was going to list my plans just to see what you guys think.

PS90 TR with black furniture
SBR conversion (I live in TX so this shouldn't be too hard, they pass it on to the feds).
EO optic mounted on the top rail
Surefire flashlight mounted on right rail
Laser either mounted internally, or do a double rail on the right and mount it below the surefire
ERT sling (the dual point that can be set up as single point)
The $80 trigger job from Promoted Pawn (esp for the safety/hammer modification)

and I heard that they fit nicely in Saxaphone cases... so probably grab one of those from a music store to put it in lol

what do you guys think of the plans?

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
cryptk said:
Laser either mounted internally, or do a double rail on the right and mount it below the surefire

and I heard that they fit nicely in Saxaphone cases... so probably grab one of those from a music store to put it in lol
Internal laser is hard to do isn't it? Has annyone done an internal laser on a PS90? I know they have a kit for a P90, but isn't there trouble getting them, getting them installed, and/or compatability issues to try and install a P90 internal laser in a PS90? I would love to do an internal laser myself, but I thought that was not an option. Perhaps I am full of it?

Make sure it fits in the sax case, they don't all fit.

I considered doing the dual rail thing with a full size laser and full size light.. but that adds a TON of weight to what is supposed to be a quick and easy-to-wield weapon. I would suggest you consider one of the light/laser combos that are so popular on pistol rails. Some guys don't like that look on a PS90, but the convenience and weight are a lot more managable.

I would think a full size light and full size laser... and the battieries.... on one side might make the balance awkward? I do know one thing, if you do mount something in the left side it pokes you in the chest all the time when the weapon is hanging.

the other problem with two separate items is the location of pressure switches. Granted, you may not have a pressure switch for EITHER item... but if you do, where would you put them? Just throwing that out there too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ShipWreck said:
ick said:
Internal laser is hard to do isn't it? Has annyone done an internal laser on a PS90?
Promoted Pawn, a sponsor here, does the install

hrm... In his subforum he has stated

Promoted Pawn said:
No. Every laser I've had recently has been a POS. The lenses come out of alignment and it takes too much time and effort for us to rebuild the lasers the 'right' way.
I'm still trying to develop a day visible internal laser.
Does this mean that he is no longer doing it, or has he already solved this issue?

The lasser/light combo could work also. I am pretty handy with making modifications, and I have access to a plethorea of fun "make stuff" tools. I also do alot of work in composites and I have tossed around the idea of making a whole new stock for the thing... with carbon fiber :twisted:

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Last time I looked, it was up. He must have taken it down. U may want to just PM him.

(I'm over in College Station - still about 3.5 hours away) :?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sent one out to him... I may just integrate a different laser since I am planning on making a custom stock anyway. I am going to keep the same shape as the factory stock, but I can make relieds and such as needed to mount whatever I want inside it... pressure switches, run wires, lasers whatever.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
cryptk said:
sent one out to him... I may just integrate a different laser since I am planning on making a custom stock anyway. I am going to keep the same shape as the factory stock, but I can make relieds and such as needed to mount whatever I want inside it... pressure switches, run wires, lasers whatever.
Damn, U know how to do all of that?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yep... I have been doing composite work for a while now on the side... I have never made a gun stock before, but after I get my PS90 and make the molds (need the OEM stock to make the molds from), then I am going to make a carbon fiber stock for mine... If it turns out to work well, then I may crank out a few extras... but with the prices of CF these days (been going up since the war started) it is probably going to cost me somewhere around $300-$400 to make it... It will be after the SBR conversion...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hell yeah- I have been dying for a FDE stock for my 90 and don't really want to do a finish for just that.

If Stang1 gets up and running, might do the multicam from him. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts