FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here ever read or hear anything about the FCG of the FS2k cracking, snaping or any breakage? This is a major turn off for most when they see it in my rifle. I know it passed military testing but being an AR-15 guy my whole life I cant get over this plastic hammer! :?

I have only put a few 30 and 40 round mags down range with this rifle and the hammer looks like it has never even been used anyone know the type of plastic they use on it?

Also anyone know the cost on new trigger packs? I like to keep lots of parts for my rifles in stock.

Thanks.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
When the PS90s first came out., there was concern about this issue. I don't have an FS2000, but I do have a PS90. And, the trigger pack is polymer in it as well. The P90 has been around 10 years or longer, and it doesn't seem to be an issue. So, I wouldn't worry about it.

I am not sure if FN is selling spare trigger packs - People have wanted them for the PS90, and I don't think they have had any luck getting them.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was concerned about the plastic hammer when I first purchased My 2000 But after 11,000 rounds through it and it still looks like it just came out of the box. My AR-15 on the otherhand, had to replace the hammer after about 6,000 rounds and the barrel after 10,000. I am still using the same barrel on my 2000 and it still gets 1.5"-2" groups at 100m. I think the difference is Whatever material that FNH used on the hammer is able to take the impact and rebound wheras steel eventually begins to conform to whatever it is repetadly struck against.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts