FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My favorite rifle, a California-legal FNH PS90 was stolen by burglars on 1/9/09. They apparently targeted my home for the purpose of stealing guns, as they left pretty much everything else untouched.

I need your help in finding the bastards who did this and recovering the rifle. Luckily, this is such a distinctive weapon that it draws attention wherever it goes, especially at the local Southern California ranges, where it never failed to attract a few questions and lots of stares.

Here're photos of the actual rifle--please note the distinctive magazine cutoff that I custom-made myself. They are shiny stainless steel and can be seen from several shooting lanes away. No other gunsmith I know of does this--every gun shop that modifies PS90s to be Calif.-legal takes the approach of bolting the magazine into the gun so that it has to be field stripped to be reloaded. So, if you see someone using a credit-card-swipe-type-tool to change multiple mags on their PS90, it is very likely my PS90.

Also, there's the MFI fake Knight's Armament suppressor, which AFAIK only Ammo Bros. of Cerritos, CA, uses on their Calif.-legal PS90s. Mounted on top is a C-More Railway red-dot sight, exactly as pictured. There were seven 10-rnd mags in the same case, which was a black Blackhawk! 32" Discreet Weapons Case. The credit-card-swipe-tool is a red plastic parking pass hanging from a wrist-lanyard. The sling is a coyote brown Urban-ERT single-point sling, and there was a coyote-brown thigh-mounted pair of magazine pouches with the gun.

If you see this rifle and can pretend to be a lookie-lou to get a look at the serial number, it's FN063360, which is really easy to remember. The serial is stamped into the metal frame on the left side of the weapon just in front of the butt of the magazine in the magwell. It should be just above the sling attachment that you see in the photo. It's also on a silver barcoded sticker under the buttstock, but that's hard to read quickly.

If you do happen to see this weapon, please notify the range officers to call the cops immediately--the rifle is already in the stolen weapons database, and please be careful. Do not engage them, as they are obviously armed with the PS90 and might be dangerous.

Of course, if the thieves remove the fake can or somehow replace the neutered magazine release, they've built an illegal assault weapon, and so you are welcome to call the cops on them too (though I'd hate to have a fellow legitimate PS90-owner busted for failing to follow Calif. law, it is so difficult to get a PS90 in this state that a legitimate owner would definitely know that it must be made Calif.-compliant).

There are so few of these fine weapons in this state that it's bound to show up somewhere and draw lots of attention while doing so. Please keep your eyes open and help us shut down these gun thieves. Who knows who else they might target--we've got to stop 'em!

Thank you, and please review your home's security and layout. They came prepared to take my entire gun safe--it may be wiser to get a few safes so that you don't put all your eggs in one basket.

·
Banned
2,293 Posts
Wow, I feel like kicking my dog after reading that. Now you have me miffed. I will add this to my prayer list.

Five bucks says your weapon is in mexico by now.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think the odds of finding this in a liquor store robbery or as the base of fire for a gang ambush is FAR more likely than at any shooting range.

That said, very sorry for your loss. I'd hate the thought of my firearms in the hands of criminals as we all know what criminals do.

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is horrible news. I feel for you. Everytime I walk out the house to the range I am always paranoid someone will see me with a rifle case. I'll keep a look out though.

·
Registered
475 Posts
That really sucks, but I have to ask - did you use any means of securing the weapon? (i.e. gun locker, safe, locked gun case)

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Man this is terrible. Youve inspired me to replace my security system this weekend.

I hope you get your baby back.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Man, this is about as bad as the rash of tragic boating accidents on AR15.com. :-x

·
Registered
48 Posts
that really sucks, hope it doesnt end up in some crazy crime on the news ...bad publicity. i have credit card release on mine but has butt extension and its OD....good luck

·
Registered
48 Posts
that really sucks, hope it doesnt end up in some crazy crime on the news ...bad publicity. i have credit card release on mine but has butt extension and its OD....good luck

·
Registered
49 Posts
That really sucks man. i recently had my house broken into as well. I had my XD wiht me though so i lucked out. I hope it turns up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts