FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Belgian FAL from a dealer on Guns America. It's a Gun South Birmingham, Alabama pre-ban. I'm very concerned as the front sight and barrel are a matte finish dark gray, but the rest of the rifle is the semi-gloss black. I've been told some were imported like this. The serial number on the receiver 2500661 does not match what I see on the underside of the barrel 01875. Before purchasing I asked the dealer if it was all matching and was assured that it was since the same dealer said he ordered it new way back before the ban, and bought it back from the original owner. Is it possible that they were imported from FN with different barrel serial numbers than the rest of the rifle, when all other parts do match? I have only 3 days to return it if not satisfied.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I put it there also with pictures and got what I was afraid of, it had parts from all over the world!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
ARE you sure that the SN isn't 2506061?
That SN (25000661) should have either no import markings, Steyr or Steyr/Browning.

Tony

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
If SN 2500661 (cannot really tell from the pic), I am stumped! :-?
That SN should be for a 50.00 model, Type 3 sear cut receiver, long flash hider and not a Gun South import. :?
Do you have any other pics? :shock:

Tony

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've already sent that pup back, feedback on the falfiles forum said it was a mutt. Parts from all over the world made it much less than desirable. They said it looked like an Argentine barrel, German handguards, Dutch takedown screw, Australian safety lever, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts