FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to send PMs to anyone, including the site owner, seems to result in the following error:

General Error

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

DEBUG MODE

Line : 234
File : emailer.php

They worked fine for me a few days ago, and I can post threads just fine. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Yes - there was a problem for an hour yesterday and then also now.

It is a server issue - the company hosting us is having issues.

Messages AND pms DO go thru - you just get that error message after, instead of it bringing you automatically to the next screen.

Also, if you check your "outbox" right after you send the PM, you will see it there - so you know it went out.

The downside is that when this occurs, the automatic e-mail notification that someone has a PM doesn't work either... :oops:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info.

However, since this software shows both a Sentbox and an Outbox, I would assume Outbox items have not yet been delivered? If you're sure they have been delivered though, then thanks for the clarification!

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
ArmorerR said:
Thanks for the info.

However, since this software shows both a Sentbox and an Outbox, I would assume Outbox items have not yet been delivered? If you're sure they have been delivered though, then thanks for the clarification!
Yes - Outbox is for messages that have not been delivered. If you see them later in the "sent box," then you know that they have been read.

Realize that if you delete the message in your "outbox," it does not stop the PM from going out. It just erases your copy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hanks for the info.

Yes - Outbox is for messages that have not been delivered. If you see them later in the "sent box," then you know that they have been read.

Realize that if you delete the message in your "outbox," it does not stop the PM from going out. It just erases your copy.
Aaaahhhh, ok. Thanks again for the clarification!

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
Madhouse said:
It's not limited to PM's...??

I just got this exact error when trying to post a reply on a topic.

:(
Yes, in my 1st response above - I mentioned that it is for messages too - unfortunately - we've had server problems for 3 days now. It sucks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts