FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you guys shoot PMC Bronze and if so, What group size should I expect shooting off a bench at 100 yards with an optic?

·
Premium Member
25,418 Posts
Awesome flame throwing ammo.

Be sure to remove any muzzle device before touching one off, and make certain you're wearing sun glasses!

-SS

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just as soon as i get home, but its a stock 17s with a Bobro extended mount and a leupold mark 4 4.5x14x15 ERT

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
pmc less than 1 moa, Nightforce with Geissele trigger. M80 about 1 moa. Hornady target-1$ rd touching. Ammo does make a difference, but trigger was key for me.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I do about an inch with it. Check your scope mount. Take it off, then put it back on. If it's not on right (canted up on one side) you will get crap for scoring and consistency will be all over the map. Also, why the large offset with that big a scope? You should have gotten a model with little or no offset.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I tried to zero again yesterday. I was shooting prone and off a bag and the only movement in the scope was my heartbeat, the first few shots were a few inches apart. I then fired three more and they were dead center of the bullseye and sub-moa. The next 3 groups were 1 moa about 3 inches high and 2 inches to the right. The next three were about 1.5 moa and were 2 inches high with no adjusment needed for windage. The next 4 shots were all iver the place. There were no adjustments made on scope at all. I am assuming scope or mount is my problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am sending the mount back to Bobro on Monday for a replacement because it is the only unproven part that i have. If the new one has the same problems then im sending the leupold back, then maybe the Scar. SMH

·
Registered
96 Posts
When you mounted the scope to the mount, did you torque all of the mounting screws on the rings? Just tightening
them to where they "feel OK" will not do the job. For example, LaRue gives detailed instructions about torque values
for this and if I remember its 30 inch pounds. If that's not done evenly your scope will become canted and change
POI as you shoot.

Based on your comments sounds like scope /mounts are not secure and are moving around.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts