FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used to shoot a lot of PMC in the 1990s. The company went out of business a few years ago - ya still see it floating around because they sold the remaininbg stock in bulk purchases - and some of it is still on the market, but is old stock.

However, my local range has a lot of PMC all of a sudden, and the color of the box is different.

Did someone aquire the name and restart the company?

·
Registered
4,907 Posts

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I could not remember were they originally were from if it was Texas or California but when I checked the bottom of the page I found this as one of the addresses Poongsan Corporation - Keuk Dong Bldg, 60-1 Chungmuro-3ka, Chung-Ku, Seoul, Korea 100-705 •
Looks like they were purchased by the Koreans.

·
Registered
99 Posts
That is indeed a fact I found out a couple months ago researching ammo online as what I would want to use if I got an AUG clone. Korean owned and made. Not that they bad stuff I guess? Range report someone? As my stuff is stored with a friend and he is gone to a class :cry:

·
Registered
137 Posts
They had a plant outside of Vegas, Eldorado Cartridge Co. It closed down a year or so back. The parent company is,was, PMC. I think it was originally the Pan Metal corp of S Korea. Did a bunch of consolidating and moved the production facilitys overseas.

I bought a BUNCH of 303 brass and some other stuff when they closed down. The price was right, and the lots were in drums. It is good ammo, the AR-18s got some really pretty green muzzle flash colors from some lots that went to the local end users. I still have acouple thousand of the old 45acp 185 JHP that smokes (1100fps) out of the 5" Colt, groups as tite as anything I have. No complaints at all, better than Federal in some cases. Brass loads just fine....

The corp HQ is in Houston I think, Not sure if its just an importer or the US branch of the Korean mother company

ALN...SOF

·
Registered
329 Posts
SOFMatchstaff said:
They had a plant outside of Vegas, Eldorado Cartridge Co. It closed down a year or so back. The parent company is,was, PMC. I think it was originally the Pan Metal corp of S Korea. Did a bunch of consolidating and moved the production facilitys overseas.
Yes, I thought that even the old PMC had ties to Korea.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts