FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browsing through PMM's website, I have the idea of installing the PMM rear QD mount point and running the Magpul MS3 one point sling on my SCAR. I want to skip the front attachment because it looks like the front sling mount will interfere with the front side rail. Which I hope someone can approve or disapprove.

Has anyone tried similar set up? Also does the 360 works better than the locking mount?

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Not sure what you mean by interfering with the front side rail. It doesn't block the side rail if that's what you're asking.

I personally dislike 1point setups. It's great for retaining the weapon when you're using or holding it but 2point is more secured and practical for the 99% of time when you're doing other physical activities. Seriously try running or just jumping in place with a SCAR 17s dangling on a 1 point config and tell me how that turns out.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I run a ms4 on PMM front and rear mounts. They seem to function very well and don't get in the way.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
I was browsing through PMM's website, I have the idea of installing the PMM rear QD mount point and running the Magpul MS3 one point sling on my SCAR. I want to skip the front attachment because it looks like the front sling mount will interfere with the front side rail. Which I hope someone can approve or disapprove.

Has anyone tried similar set up? Also does the 360 works better than the locking mount?

Rad Scorpius, I designed the front mount to clear the rails in either Style(360* or Locking) Also I Agree with CPtdaz the 2 point Set up is a much safer option to run.
If you have a Ms3 sling you can simply get a QD mount and leave it in the front mount then use the clasp mechanism on the MS3 sling to grab the Sling loop on the Swivel when going from single to two point.
How thanks Helps.
~Jrod.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The front doesnt interfere at all. I run a blue force vickerd scar 2 to 1 point with wireloop in the rear and pmm qd socket in the front and it works great I love that I can switch it up depending on how I intend to carry it for that certain time. I would definitely go with both front and rear!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts