FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gents I have been asked on several occasion to to make a CA/Radlock compliant B.C.D. So this is what i have come up with, Keep in mind this is a Alpha unit and i would like to see if there are any Members that may have a Radlock that they would mind loaning me, I should only need it for several days to tweak what I need here on my end.

Either way here is a quick Rev on what I had in mind same principal of the Standard just a little more leg room to clear your Magazine locking device.

·
Registered
22,118 Posts
You can't buy a Radlock???

:p :(

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok boys, I received a Radlock equipped lower from a fellow forum member(He may chime in for his well deserved accolades) and have done the preliminary Proof of Concept work to get this part sorted.

Here are some pics, Keep in mind the PLA printed unit does not have the slots as I was more interested in it working properly, Final production units will have some iteration of weight reduction slots to it.

Thoughts and comments please!

Trigger Fashion accessory Gun accessory Buckle
Auto part

·
Registered
465 Posts
If it is easier and saves you money you can just notch out a later over the raddlock. Here are some pics. Keep in mind i probably took more than i needed to off. It works great. Your design looks good but u think this might be slughtly easier for you.
Airsoft gun Airsoft Trigger

Technology

Auto part Airsoft Wheel Machine

·
Registered
465 Posts
If it is easier and saves you money you can just notch out a small area over the raddlock. Essentially just removing probably 1/16 of an inch or so (havent measured). It can be a squared out notch or a smoother rounded out type pocket. Either way i think this will save you machining time and also material, to me its slightly more appealing as well. I do not believe this compromises tye strength of you BCD design and it will hold up to any normal or extreme use. Aure if you put the bcd in a vice and tried to break it on purpose it would likely break slightly easier than the original bcd.

Anyway, Here are some pics of mine with material removed from a dremel... Keep in mind i probably took more than i needed to off. It works great. Your design looks like an awesome solution for us members in California and we very much appreciate your willingness to accommodate us here, but i think this might be slughtly easier for you.
View attachment 35263
View attachment 35264
View attachment 35265

·
Registered
85 Posts
There are 2 interface issues with the PMM BCD and Raddlock. #1 without a modified BCD or notching the BCD like dtrump the BCD will contact the Raddlock and not allow the bolt to lock back. Issue #2 is if you notch the BCD like dtrump you still cannot access the screw without removing the BCD which defeats the purpose of the Raddlock when venturing into restricted free states.

I have corresponded with Jarod and I applaud his efforts to assist those of us living in California.

·
Registered
465 Posts
While in the program, modifying the design for the notch, the slots in the bcd can be either moved down slightly or just extended slightly to expose the raddlock screw. Jarod sent me the 2 bcds i own with the intent for me to modify and let him know how they came out. Unfortunately l lagged really hard lol. These are just my findings and opinion. Make no mistake, his design is awesome, i sincerely appreciate his willingness to accommodate, im merely suggesting an alternative way that i think could save him time and money.

Trigger Latch Hardware accessory Metal

·
Registered
138 Posts
What is the point of this? I thought you need a "tool" to work the radlock?

Thanks
yes, you need a tool to operate the magazine release. The BCD (battery control device) is to operate the bolt catch in the same likeness as Magpul's Bad Lever. In this case the BCD's range of motion was being inhibited by a component of the Raddlock, hence the Commifornia mod.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts