FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never owned a sling before but ordered a Savvy Sniper 2 to 1 point sling. Looking at getting Jared's QD mounts but want to know your opinions on locking or rotating and your reasons behind your preference.

·
Premium Member
9,043 Posts
+1 Locking, you'll find a comfortable position for your Savvy Sniper Sling -I own one too- and want to keep it in that position hence locking!

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I have never owned a sling before but ordered a Savvy Sniper 2 to 1 point sling. Looking at getting Jared's QD mounts but want to know your opinions on locking or rotating and your reasons behind your preference.

If you are using a 2 point patrol carry sling it will depend on the "angle of the dangle" on how you carry your weapon and the length your sling needs to be for you to "sling up" to get a good triangulation when you tighten your sling when shooting offhand.

I run limited rotation front sling swivel on my SCAR set at parallel to the bore and upwards 45°? when hanging slung. With my shorter weapons I use a free turning front and limited rear because shorter weapons don't hang muzzle down consistently like the nose heavy SCAR or longer ARs..

Ignore the product specific details and just focus on the sling usage and how it hangs to get an idea of how you think your scar will hang when slung for patrol carry .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts