FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local 25 yard indoor range for some shooting yesterday. I was shooting my SCAR 16s with Independence Ammo 5.56mm. Sight was Aimpoint Pro sighted in at 50 yards. For most of my shooting I had the AAC Mini-4 suppressor mounted.

I shot the left target unsuppressed and the right with the suppressor on.

11322570713_c08ee83f5d.jpg

I used the same point of aim on both targets; red dot on red bull's eye. All the groups I had shot up to that point were about an inch and a half to two inches under the red bull's eye, I expected this offset because of the close range. I was surprised to see how much the group came up when I took the suppressor off.

Ok, I knew suppressors change the point of impact. I didn't realize how much my suppressor changed the POI of my SCAR because I haven't shot without it since I received my stamp.

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Just record your data of previous engagement (DOPE) so when you mount your can - apply the proper hold over or click adjustments ... true test is remove the suppressor - shot - record - install suppressor - shoot -record... and keep getting the repeatable same shift.

But looks like with your suppressor installed your grouping tightened up nicely :)

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
That looks about the same as mine, at 100 yds my POI shift is approx 6 ". Both calibers .308/.5.56 are the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts