FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Police: 3 Dead, Including Suspected Shooter, After Shooting In Columbia Mall « CBS Baltimore

COLUMBIA, Md. (WJZ) — Three people are confirmed dead after a shooting at the Columbia Mall. One of the dead is the suspected shooter. No identities have been released. Police say they have one person identified already, but have not released that name yet.
A witness says two of the shootings happened in the Zumiez store. Police are confirming this.
Police say two victims with minor injuries not directly related to the shooting were taken to the hospital. They say that one person had a seizure and the other had a sprained ankle. However, Howard County General Hospital say they’ve received five patients, including one shooting victim.
Roads around the mall are blocked off.
“We do have three confirmed fatalities and we want to send our thoughts and prayers to the families of those victims,” said Howard County Executive Ken Ulman. “This has obviously been a tremendously trying few hours and we ask that people continue to bear with us. This is an active crime scene and will continue to be an active crime scene for quite some time.”
We don’t know how the suspected shooter died, whether that person was shot by police or committed suicide.

Reactions: P-Factor and LESTER

·
Registered
641 Posts
Just some loony with the typical murder/suicide angle, just happened to be in a public place in one of the few places the media actually cares about (greater DC area).

Won't be long now before the shotgun he used becomes an AR-15 in the eyes of CNN and MSNBC and Maryland enacts even more useless gun laws...

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
“A woman approached me (in the parking lot) who said she saw the guy with the gun and she described it to me as a shotgun. I heard what sounded like someone say ‘Oh no he’s got a .32, run!’ And then the woman I gave a ride home to said it was a shotgun.
Can someone aware me on what a .32 shotgun is?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
A mall in Maryland... Any bets on if it was a so-called "gun free" zone?

we should pass MORE regulations that will be ignored to ensure everyone's safety...

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
I think even the liberal media is starting to recognize that it is not a gun issue but a respect for others issue. Saw CNN's panel talking about this this aft and all seemed to focus on the deteriorating social values of this country.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Lets break down what didn't stop this from happening:

* The murderer had no criminal/other record, so background checks wouldn't have stopped him.
* The mall was a gun-free zone, so that doesn't work.
* The mall was in Maryland, home of some pretty strict laws on all kinds of weapons, so that didn't stop the crime.

By the way, did you all notice the news are eager to elevate the death-toll to "3" (the lowest number for a mass murder). But everywhere you look only two victims are mentioned, and it is sort of hidden in the details that the murderer was actually the third fatality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts