FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yahoo!

Good thing it was caught on camera, or it would be tough to believe: A California Highway Patrol officer put an on-duty Chula Vista firefighter in handcuffs for refusing to move his truck while tending to victims of a car crash

They are turning on their own!

How do these idiots ever get to wear a badge?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Got to keep the traffic flowin in sunny southern California.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
"You will respect my authoritah!" Usually the CHP are better than this. Arrested? WTF happened to a parking ticket?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The firefighter had every lane blocked and was not treating a victim.

The police officer was trying to clear the backup of traffic.

I am hoping this is the case of a police officer who doesn't play favorites and is a great part of the community.

I don't know how many times I have driven by an accident where I saw a firetruck that could have moved over
a little more to let the traffic flow, and still have safe zone for the emergency responders.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
This is F*CKING stupid! My father was a D.C. of our fire dept and never had to put with such ignorance as both sides worked to protect the public and themselves, Just because some idiot honks there horn because a firetruck is blocking traffic and there going to be late for there bikini wax session would find themselves in the back of a police car. Even if there female!

This may have been a issue a 100 years ago as both sides were paid from the same funds but the frighting thing this has happened before not long ago, I believe to in California. :th_bang::th_bang::th_bang:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Keeping responders safe from traffic is a real problem, people tend to steer in the direction they are looking, just ask anyone that works along the highway. That horn might be because the idiot in front of the horn honker slows to a stop just to rubberneck. Getting traffic moving helps prevent rear end crashes. If you are not going to help, keep your eyes on the road and keep moving.

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
I've never seen a highway accident where the Fire Rescue apparatus' wasn't parked at an angle to protect the Responders, accident victims and help alert and guide traffic. I would also imagine when Mr. CHiP'er radioed that he had a FF/Engineer in bracelets and in the back seat a Supervisor radioed back "wtf, are you an idiot?" perhaps not in so many words but still. PD and FD work together to clear accidents and open traffic, if they can't cooperate it'll provide an entirely new definition of road rage. In the article it stated that both sides kissed and made up, I'd be willing to bet who was puckered-up and on their knees...

·
Registered
364 Posts
I agree. If he was just standing there, he could of repositioned the fire truck to prevent more accidents due to backed up traffic. I've been the first on scene many times before the fireman. We work together and get the job done. I like having their trucks there to protect everyone involved. Common sense needs to be used as well. The officer will obviously be the enemy here as we usually are. I'm not saying he didn't over react, but there may be more to the story.

The firefighter had every lane blocked and was not treating a victim.

The police officer was trying to clear the backup of traffic.

I am hoping this is the case of a police officer who doesn't play favorites and is a great part of the community.

I don't know how many times I have driven by an accident where I saw a firetruck that could have moved over
a little more to let the traffic flow, and still have safe zone for the emergency responders.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts