FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First, I have NO skin in the game on this. Never heard of Liberty before I read about it on this Forum. Not trying to get into a debate of what's "best" ammo either. I just know that velocity is an important part of ballistics...and thought I'd share what I found out with my brothers here.
:)
I know there is another thread about defeating body armor out there..and this ammo is mentioned. Didn't want to get lost in that discussion.
thought you guys might find these articles interesting.
based on them, I ordered some and will post results after I get it and have a chance to run it through my guns.

Liberty Ammunition Receives Perfect Score on NTOA Test - News - POLICE Magazine

Liberty Ammunition Civil Defense Review | ThinBlueFlorida.com

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/liberty-civil-defense-ammo-truth-shooting/

Liberty Ammunition?Civil Defense Line Review

for those of you interested, here's where I found best deal on the ammo (about $7/box less than anywhere else I could find it)

Liberty Civil Defense 9mm 50 Grain +P Lead Free Hollow Point Ammo

Liberty Civil Defense .45 ACP 78 Grain +P Lead Free Hollow Point LIBERTY45 Ammo - 20 Rounds per Box

Happy shooting!!
CJ in AZ

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
just a long overdue update...I've run the 9mm through about 5 different 9mm pistols of various brands and all performed flawlessly. Ditto for the 45 ACP.
I can tell you that the recoil is nothing different than normal rounds, if anything, perhaps a bit LESS recoil.
I also found my groups to be tighter with this ammo.
It is my self-defense round of choice for ANY gun I'm carrying (off-duty, naturally)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts