FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Police step up gun theft probe

By JANET PHELPS

Brenham police are intensifying a search for thieves who broke into a gun store after three felons possessing several of the stolen weapons were arrested last week.

The two Brenham residents and one Bryan resident have not been charged in connection with burglaries of Gun World on South Market Street in Brenham, which has been hit twice in the past three months with $60,000 in merchandise taken, officials said.

"This only heightens our investigation," said Brenham police Sgt. Daniel Gaskamp, explaining that officials fear the guns could be sold on the streets.

Gaskamp said Brenham residents Christopher Damar Serialle and Willie Watson along with Bryan resident Tracey Lamar Woods were arrested Thursday after police found a shotgun and three rifles taken from Gun World in their vehicle.

Seventy-one guns were stolen from the store June 30, officials said, including a single AK-47 and 15 AR-15s. Gun World was hit again on Wednesday when 24 guns, including two AK-47s and an AR-15, were taken.

Gun World owner John Bosse said the burglaries have left his store almost empty.

"I haven't had time to build inventory back up," he said. "As a matter of fact, I'm broke."

The three men were arrested during a traffic stop for speeding around 9:30 p.m. Thursday on the 2400 block of Blue Bell Road. Police found the stolen merchandise during a search of the vehicle, officials said.

"I don't know if they are the ones who burglarized Bosse's Gun World," Gaskamp said. "All we know is these guns were from there."

Serialle, 30, remained jailed on $22,500 bail Monday night. He was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a controlled substance, tampering with physical evidence and theft of stolen property.

Bail had not been set Monday for Watson, 56, who remained in Washington County Jail on charges of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a controlled substance and theft of stolen property.

Woods, 34, was released from Washington County Jail on $17,500 bail Friday. He was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, possession of a controlled substance and theft of stolen property.

Serialle, a former Bryan resident, has been arrested multiple times in Brazos County for charges including burglary of a building. Woods has also been arrested in Brazos County.

Bosse said Monday that it could take up to five years to recoup the $60,000 he has lost through the burglaries.

Last week, Bosse said people broke through a wall to enter the store. In June, thieves broke in by removing a window air-conditioning unit.

Although Bosse plans to install a motion-activated alarm system this month, he said he knows he can't keep thieves from striking again.

"You ain't gonna keep them out," he said. "You can beat down anything if you work on it long enough."

Bosse, who is 68, opened his gun store and repair shop in 1973, said he's not planning on allowing the recent crime spree to shut him down.

"It's not going to put me out of business," he said. "I'm too old to go anywhere else."

http://www.theeagle.com/local/Police-step-up-gun-theft-probe

·
Registered
305 Posts
Well, Mr. Bosse just doesn't sound like a very smart business man. If he has a security system, then it doesn't sound like its working. If he has that kind of inventory with no insurance and poor security then he is just a fool.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts