FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
4,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VILLAGE OF ILION, N.Y. (WKTV) -- It's been a question since mass shootings prompted Gov. Cuomo to tighten gun laws in New York State a year ago; will the heart of Ilion's economy keep beating?

Gun-friendly states frequently try to lure Remington Arms out of New York, but the nearly 200-year-old gun manufacturer was also threatened by anti-gun investors threatening to pull their funds, threatening the livelihood of the village where it's located.

"Would we survive? I believe we would, but it certainly wouldn't be easy," said John Stephens, mayor of the Village of Ilion.

A Forbes article published Thursday says the company that owns Remington Arms will be buying out their unhappy stock holders for $150 million, meaning no more political pressure to sell the gun maker.

Read more: Political pressure to sell Remington Arms eased | NBC-WKTV News Channel 2 - Utica News, Weather, Sports - | Local News

·
Registered
454 Posts
I don't buy their ammo or their guns.

FN is in South Carolina <3

Shame that SAI is in Il. If I could go back in time I would have bought my M1A from one of the manufacturers that is in a southern state.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts