FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting an FNP9, I am looking for current user experiences. ie: how many rounds, what type of ammo, any and all issues or lack of, etc

Thanks.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
FNP-9 USG here. It has approximately 1,670 rounds through it. Put a few hundred WWB through it, 70 rounds of Speer Gold Dots +P, and 800 rounds of Sellier and Bellot. It has not had any sort of failure and is more accurate than I am. It has good sights and the recoil is nice and soft. It handles +P rounds just fine.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
It has the safety and decocker instead of just the decocker.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the one i am looking at decocks when the lever is pushed down, and then when it is pushed up it is the safety, so is it a USG then?

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Sounds similar to H&K's...FN is on the right track with their hand guns IMHO. I will buy one when they have night sights for them :?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
iostorm said:
the one i am looking at decocks when the lever is pushed down, and then when it is pushed up it is the safety, so is it a USG then?
Yup, that's the USG (U.S. government) model. If you want, you could carry it cocked and locked like a 1911 if you don't want to deal with the double action.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The day I bought mine I was looking for a different gun.
Trouble was I couldn't find what I wanted.
I tried it with the flat insert in and hated it.
Looked around more, the shop guy suggested I try it with the round insert. I think I told him no, that I just didn't like that gun. I didn't like the way the plastic felt or something.
He put it in anyway and I fell in love. I've put over 2k rounds through it and the single jam I had was due to bad ammo.
The free shooters kit saved me a lot of money and came in extremely quickly.

I trust this gun above all others.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
iCeMaN said:
Sounds similar to H&K's...FN is on the right track with their hand guns IMHO. I will buy one when they have night sights for them :?
You can get them with night sites installed. Ameriglo also has after market night sites (except fot the 45 last time I checked).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Mine is at 1,142 rounds - virtually all CCI Blazer aluminum.
Gun had one double feed at approx. 300 rounds.
It's my most accurate 9 mm.
Double action took hundreds of dry fires to master, but it made me a better shooter. I don't regret buying the gun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Rice said:
The day I bought mine I was looking for a different gun.
... I fell in love. ....
Same here. I was lusting after a Sig Sauer P239. Looked and dry fired, S&W M&P, Beretta. Taurus, Sig P226 (used and too high and only Sig they had), and several other brands. Then I asked what about a FN. Once he handed it to me that was it. Fit my hand best and had the features of the Sig, DA/SA, exposed hammer, decocker, etc., at a very reasonable price. I knew FN's quality very well from their Belgian Browning days and I have a 1950's turnwheel rear sight Belgian Browning Auto22 rifle my father taught me to shoot with. It was a no brainer.

My FNP-40 is way more accurate than I am and it'll take me a good while for my shooting skills to even approach it's accuracy.

Only regret is I don't have a couple thousand rounds to fire. :-D

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
the one I am looking at is model 47570, it is a usg but I cant find any info on it anywhere on the net or fn's site??

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
iostorm said:
the one I am looking at is model 47570, it is a usg but I cant find any info on it anywhere on the net or fn's site??
That number might be out of date or wrong. Where'd you get it from?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its right off the sku tag on the box/hard case. this is the only thing I can find is at this web site...

http://www.jnjsmokewagons.com/?p=price_list&manufacturer=Fn+(handguns)

it lists it there.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
iostorm said:
its right off the sku tag on the box/hard case. this is the only thing I can find is at this web site...

http://www.jnjsmokewagons.com/?p=price_list&manufacturer=Fn+(handguns)

it lists it there.
I know why. It is all black. FN doesn't have the all black USG model on their website. Just look at the specs for the FDE one: 47960

1 - 17 of 17 Posts