FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a bit concerned over the fact that as of October 1st, the 3rd Infantry Division's 1st Combat Brigade has been deployed to deal with any events/unrest in the USA. The force will be known as a CBRNE Consequence Management Response Force, or CCMRF (pronounced “sea-smurf”). To some, they might feel better about the fact that the military is being trained to deal with calamity in the US. I feel that we already have those individuals in play, they are called the POLICE. This deployment is basically Martial Law. Plainly, It is unconstitutional. But then again, everybody loves Smurfs!

LINK
http://www.militarytimes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1568518

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
That is some scary crap there. Maybe moving to Alaska is a good thing lol :evil:

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Canada? :evil:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love this country too much to leave. I'm going to ***** to Senator Dick Durbin tomorrow. He hates this type of crap... even if he is a bleeding heart liberal.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love this country, but I doubt if I tried to get ahold of my senator and fussed about this that anything would actually happen.

·
Premium Member
4,057 Posts
They are being deployed because if Obama loses there will be riots. Although its hard to imagine "liberals" rioting, what could they possibly do, they are a bunch of pansies.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No worries Iceman... I wasn't questioning your patriotism. People need to be made aware of what's happening and get mad about this. I for one don't want a Hummer parked in front of my house unless I'm holding the keys.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well this doesn't look very good... is this a one time thing or are they going to rotate units every 12 months?

Nevermind, found my answer:

After 1st BCT finishes its dwell-time mission, expectations are that another, as yet unnamed, active-duty brigade will take over and that the mission will be a permanent one.

“Right now, the response force requirement will be an enduring mission. How the [Defense Department] chooses to source that and whether or not they continue to assign them to NorthCom, that could change in the future,” said Army Col. Louis Vogler, chief of NorthCom future operations. “Now, the plan is to assign a force every year.”

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Good gob people I think its time to change the coolaid brand. This op is not a test to take over america. The fact is that 99% of cops, Firefighters, and civilian Medical serice are ill prepared to handle a no BS CBR attack. The op is to see what comm's are needed, Medical and decon services would be nessasary, air and ground evacuation vehicales, powergrid availability, water and food resourses. You know all the stuff that went wrong in katrina and that was a natural disaster. If you think about a CBR attack/accident it would be much much worst.

Anyone that thinks that their local facilities would be able to handle a CBR attack inside the US is a fool.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I don't think you got it. It's not a military training exercise for CBRN attacks. It's a military force that is on PERMANENT deployment within the US of A. Read the article and a few of the posts from military personnel afterwards.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yes I read the article, here's a quote:
They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control or to deal with potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack.
Again I say, do you think that your local Cops, Firefighters, and medical departments could handle a CBR attack inside the US?

If you say yes they could, then I say it's time to change your cool aid.

As I see it after such an attack, you would have One of three choices.
(1) Quarantine that area with state national guardsman and let most of those inside the effected area die, (2) Do the same thing but use Blackwater Merc's, or (3) use the US military with it's 600 billion dollar a year budget, with thousands of trained CBR specialest,
Billions dollar decom equipment and stockpiled drugs that train daily in such senerios and speed is the key. Hmmm what to do?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Furyataurus said:
Military Hummers don't have keys!!!!!! If one is in front of my house I got dibs on the Ma duece!
i think he ment a civie model the only keys in a military hummer are the keys to the chain and pad lock on the steering wheel chain

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Exactly! Just like when they pulled that 600 billion dollar credit card out of their wallet when Katrina hit landfall. Right, right.

I respect your service Sir, but on this topic, your faith in you oath clouds you judgment.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
ducboy, Maybe I'm misunderstanding your position. Are you saying that in the event of a CBR attack, you don't want US military troops to help save americans? Is that your opinion?

What is your plan to react to such an occurance?

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
"Duck and Cover"??? :D

(The younger folks may not get that one)

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
"Duck and Cover"???
Hahaha, Yea No kidding TA. I think the younger generation has no idea what is out there. There are 15,000 chemical plants and 250 Nuclear power plants in the US and the total number of Labs with biological material is TNTC (Too Numerious To Count).

There are items that are out there, one vial can kill 600,000 people. Just One vial.

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
You really know how to brighten a morning. :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts