FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have my fns-9, I'm thinking of picking up a fnx-9. Either that or a sig p2022. I kinda dig the sig but it would be nice to have a brother for the fns. Does anyone hear have actual rounds down range experience with both? The sig is quite a bit less. The da/sa gun is going to be more for range time then anything.

·
Premium Member
13,489 Posts
:smile:Bear I WOULD GO WITH AN FNX YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT. I JUST PICKED UP A FNX-9 AND I HAVE TO SAY IT'S A DAMN! NICE PIECE WISH I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN ONE SOONER:mytwocents0:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Like you I have an FNS-9 but I went with a different caliber for the next FN - an FNX-45. Even though it's an SA/DA vs striker fired and a much larger caliber, the two guns feel very similar. Grip, sight picture, aim point, etc. are the same. This is something you should consider; you can transfer the skill you are acquiring on the FNS-9 directly to the FNX-9. It would make the transition between the two much easier.

Good luck!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellow Michigander! Yeah i'm leaning on the fnx but the sig feels nice and I like the decocker more.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
How much less are you finding the SIG? I'm seeing the FNX at some online retailers in the low $500's. Locally, they're always more. Haven't really checked out the SIG (I've only tried their 22x line and own a P938 for CCW)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sig p2022 are around 500 and the fnx is around 600. If they would make a fnx-9 fde two tone like the fnx-45 I would def go that route. I like the p2022 fde with black grip. Had a fde gen 4 g21 and loved the look.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Purchase the FNX as it has more value on what you are purchasing as I had to purchase a case and magazines and when I purchased everything the SP2022 9mm cost more. I own both and the FNX-9 is the better pistol hands down not to mention the platform is similar to the FNS so adjustment is minor. If you want to purchase one used my wife wants me to sell a pistol since I just bought one so I can sell the FNX-9 (SS) or SP2022 (blk) or if you have any questions regarding ownership of both and how they compare in range use and maintenance feel free to PM.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool thank you. I was looking forward to hear someone with experience on both. My days of buying a pistol that seems cool without actual use or info are done. Too much money wasted lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts