FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have had alot of poles about what the best is, how about a simple picture post of your favorite handgun that you own. We all know what ShipWeck's is going to be. I will start it off. Mine is a Kimber. I got it when they first started making it and added a few modifications. So lets see um.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Very Nice Kimber. I had a CDP Pro that I really like and sold.....and really wished I hadn't. My current favorite is the Ed Brown I posted in the other thread. I bought in online sight unseen and I was really impressed once I got it. I was surprised at how much the fit and finish really looked great. I am picking up a S&W 340M&P this weekend and I am sure that will be my new favorite too.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Saw the pic of your Ed Brown. Its sweet. I had a Ed Brown compensated Gold Cup when he first started his business and sold it after I quit competing. Wish I had kept it. Might be worth something now.

·
Registered
857 Posts
can't choose I love all mine

- Kimber Warrior
- Beretta 92
- S&W M&P

can't decide what is my favorite - maybe the Kimber

·
Registered
15,556 Posts
bluesoma said:
I'm with ship here!

Cept, I like the single color setup instead of the two tone.
I could resist. After hard chroming the slide on my P99c, I kinda went wild with it on several guns. I got hooked on the 2 tone look from Underworld :x

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
Well, favorite handgun has to be the GLOCK 27, hence why I purchased it!

The only complaint I have with handguns is the difficulty in grip. It just doesn’t feel secure in my claw. All that slippery and hard metal and polymer just doesn’t seem to cut it. I just wasn't happy with ANY of the pistols I tried. I think I found the sweet spot for me though

Here you can see the skateboard grip tape I used. I do like this better than the rubber sleeves I have seen for sale. It makes it look a lot more professional and neat too. The edges of the grip tape are rounded and don’t curl up or get sloppy, well at least not yet.

Here you can see the grip tape on the slide…I did find that the GLOCK was like other pistols and somewhat hard to grip at times if conditions were less than ideal, like wet from body moisture. I can just see myself attempting to put a round in the chamber and having less than ideal grip. The grip tape works even when you hands are somewhat slick…like you might find after working on your car with greasy hands or something. Of course there is usually one in the chamber.....

There is a small curved square of grip tape back by the laser switch. This helps with this area greatly. The pistol came with the short mag, but the +2 mag gives you another area for my pinky…so I threw a rounded triangle on there for a little bit of grip on that surface too.

The Blackhawk holster is GREAT. I suppose a smart carry holster would be a good addition during the hot temperatures, but that purchase will be later. Heck, I even have some grip tape on the holster release button!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts

Or one of these in a better calibre/mag capacity :twisted:

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Like I said befor best looking CZ I've seen. Did you have to get it from the Factory because I've never seen one like that for sale anywhere.

·
Registered
630 Posts
my constant companion

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
"vulcan15" Like I said befor best looking CZ I've seen. Did you have to get it from the Factory because I've never seen one like that for sale anywhere.
Thank you!

You have to call them to order it and mail them a letter to have the firing pin block removed.

"CZ SP-01 CUSTOM features:
CZ Competition Rear Sight
CZ Fiber Optic Front Sight
CZ Competition SA DA Hammer
CZ Recoil and Mainspring
CZ Coco-Bolo Thin Wood Grips
Tuned Trigger Components (Reduces Single and Double action trigger pull)

SP01 can be supplied without Firing Pin Blocks (At your written Request Makes for Much better Trigger.

Reliability Check. Zero Check with my Match Ammo.

(Several variations of this Custom SP01 are available including and not limited to a single action only option and machined into the slide adjustable sights option as well as custom finishes, hard chrome etc)

THIS CZ CUSTOM SHOP GUN MUST BE ORDERED DIRECTLY FROM CZ CUSTOM SHOP Phone: 480-969-1311 or 480-969-3068 Fax: 480-969-9687 E-mail: [email protected] the lead-time is about 4-6 weeks. Delivery will be billed at cost. Delivery is with 2 x 19 round magazines except states with restrictions (CA, NJ, HI)

Cannot be supplied without firing pin block for Sale to CA."

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=74

1 - 20 of 25 Posts