FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An amendment to the state’s “Threatened Use of Force” bill has sparked partisan uproar between gun-rights advocates and their opponents who fear the new legislation will open a Pandora’s Box of problems.

The bill is aimed to protect individuals who point a firearm at an intruder or fire a warning shot, while keeping confidential those cases where an individual is charged with firing a gun but later has the charges dropped.

The so-called ‘warning shot’ legislation, which is supported by the influential National Rifle Association (NRA), sailed through the Senate on Thursday 32-7, and is nearly certain to be signed into force by Governor Rick Scott, a staunch defender of the Second Amendment, which empower Americans to “keep and bear arms.”

The Florida governor “supports the 2nd Amendment and Florida’s self-defense laws (and) looks forward to reviewing this legislation,” said a spokesman.

The “Threatened Use of Force” bill is designed to protect individuals like Marissa Alexander, a Jacksonville woman sentenced last year to 20 years in prison after firing a warning shot during an argument with her estranged husband. The harsh sentence, which is set to be appealed, attracted national attention and enough public anger to give the Republicans the support it needed to pass the law.

“Somewhere, we need to protect the innocent person’s record,” Sen. Charlie Dean, R-Inverness said in January. “What part of innocence do we not understand? I feel that should be something we should include [in the bill] that would make sure the record is automatically expunged.”

Got gun? Florida?s ?Stand Your Ground? law just got teeth ? RT USA

I say potential because it hasn't been signed yet. Be sure to send your thanks to those officials who supported this.

Read the rest of the article so you can see who opposed it.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
On and this is having a positive effect on the demographic as well. Lefties are refusing to visit and or move to Florida because of its "twisted political views"! Good, stay the F out! We don't want you any way.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Expansion of "stand your ground" immunity is welcome. Definitely like the additional language protecting the records of those arrested but not charged. Plus the potential added benefit of keeping libtards who know nothing about "stand your ground" out of the state of Florida, great combination.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
"usa.....Florida is a rogue state in the U.S. with a very corrupt State legislature. I just won't go there. Too many underground cartels in arms and drugs and full of Ultra right radical racists. I might need Sun but I don't need to get burnt! Even retiring people are going to other places and even other countries. Florida is not a safe place to vacation or retire anymore. It is a politically & criminally infiltrated state."

This is the kind that I speak of /\

I'm sick of the Fing race baiting crowd. Sick of it. Here's another example.

Ahmad Abuznaid, Legal and Policy Director at Dream Defenders, slammed the amendment, saying the state does not provide equal safeguards to adolescents with criminal records. “If the legislature is concerned with expunging criminal records, they should start with the tens of thousands of students who were arrested in school for minor misbehavior last year, or the many people of color unable to vote in Florida because of a broken criminal justice system – not defendants with an itchy trigger finger and unchecked biases against black and brown people,” he said in a statement.

Really? Because the facts state otherwise.

In a 2012 study by the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER), it was discovered that “stand your ground” legislation is “associated with a significant increase in the number of homicides among whites, especially white males.” According to NBER, between 28 and 33 additional white males are killed each month before the latest amendments were tacked on.
“We find no consistent evidence to suggest that these laws increase homicides among blacks,” it concluded.

Again. These individuals and these attitudes are not welcome in Florida. All the better if they just left the state as a form of protest.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
"Dream defenders," these pre-pubesent retards who know zero about "stand your ground" laws other than what they've heard on CNN. What a group, if 100% of the so-called "dream defenders" happened to accidentally eat a can of botulism I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep.

·
Registered
454 Posts
My only complaint is that a warning shot will pretty much become expected, and people like me do not believe in warning shots. If I'm squeezing that trigger, it's to END a threat, not TRY and scare it away.

And the woman they reference in that story deserves to be in prison. She WENT TO HER CAR to get her gun, then walked back and shot at (near?) her husband. That is not self defense. She should have called the police at that point. A gun is not an argument winner. Now, 20 years? Bit steep, but a gun owner should KNOW the friggin laws regarding use of firearms.

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah that was a bad example. They probably didn't want to use the REAL example for fear getting sh!t on and getting hate mail.

Reactions: SeaMac

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I love how the "dream defenders" could afford to sit on their as$es in Tallahassee and do nothing for an entire month and still afford to pay their rent. Oh that's probably because most of them are suckling the government teet and don't need a job. Your tax dollars at work. What the F%ck is wrong with these people? Lazy and self entitled.

Reactions: SeaMac and S*****4

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
6,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Having to attempt a retreat while in fear of life or limb was an F'n joke! It's great that Florida finally got it right and will not revert to pro-victimization liberal logic.
Yeah found that bit fcking insulting. "Right to retreat"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Seriously!?

Someone threatens my life or my family I will respond with the same minus the threat part. I will do what I have to to survive and protect me and mine. Retreat is a dip sh!t thing to do in a lot of cases

·
Registered
6,440 Posts
YES!!! Now all we need to change is allowing suppressors for hunting and we're good. I'd like to see open carry approved but.......those old enough to remember what happened in the days prior to our CWP legislation would understand my trepidation in such approval. Morons walking around with bandoliers slung across their chests swing shotguns wasn't a good idea for anyone. Even SA supporters can be idiots at time.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts