FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our company is now offering our patented Multipurpose Selector Switch and Weapon Control Device technology for the PS90 platform. Please check out the link below and follow us on Facebook. We will be releasing new additions to the system in the next week or 2. Any feedback from PS90 users is much appreciated.
www.facebook.com/modernarmsllc

Attachments

·
Registered
876 Posts
This was device was selling on gunbroker a long time ago. No real description and we were WTF? Now the final piece of the puzzle!!!

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, we didn't expect the general public to see it as much as they did. At that point we didn't have the demo videos available but we were listing it so that the people we talked to at the Small Arms Review show out here in Phoenix could find it. We decided to take down the listing until we had the videos complete. Hopefully now people can get the idea of what we are doing and we wont get as swamped with emails from people who didn't get it. I had some really funny questions. We are getting our website together (www.modernarms.com) and we should have a good amount of further info. Until then we are directing everyone to the facebook page.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Any feedback from PS90 users is much appreciated.
First I think this technology is AWESOME. Though you asked for my feedback and so I will give it. First it should be ZigBee or WiFi...I need more technical information. I would make this system for tons of guns. This is something that I could see one of the big companies stealing.....It's brilliant even if it made a sound then the safety was on or off. It would also be cool to have a separate button for wireless blasting caps....How nice would it be if you could put a strip of blasting cord around a door frame and then while standing back push a button on the gun you have in the ready. But thats more of a niche thing I guess. This is really cool stuff and I can see this revolutionizing the handgun market more then the rifle market. I would buy one but I have a PS90 SBR.....and I could completely see a DA wanting to put me up on murder charges. I use a Glock (though I don't really like them) for home defense....Since it is the same weapon that the police department uses. I know I weird!

Reactions: jmsmmrs

·
Registered
602 Posts
Do this for a standard a2 grip so I can fit it into my AR or Scar then you will have so much more business. You'll have mine! I currently do not own a ps90. Brilliant work, very awesome. This will help many of those who have to go through these type of scenarios we all hope to never encounter.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the compliments and the feedback, We have a rail mounted remote that should be out in the next week or two so that you can put on any gun with a 1913 std or picatinny rail including hand guns. The only drawback on that system is that it does not incorporate the selector switch of the weapon. I still has motion sensing capabilities and optional audible tones. As far as ZigBee or Wifi I can see what it would take and get back to you to see if it is something we can produce at a reasonable cost. everything we make has to go through EMC testing and environmental testing, software testing etc so it can get expensive pretty quick. While I don't see myself using blasting cord at the moment (although it would be fun to play with) we do have a list of military applications for our system as well but as you can understand a public forum isn't somewhere I can list those options. The Glock is one handgun where we could actually embed the boards in the rear of the grip rather than the rail mounted option. the thing with handguns is they don't have much available realestate to work with the AR's and PS90's have lots of unused space. Handguns get tricky.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HCO15, There is an existing AR15, MP-22, AR10 version in the works and has already been tested. We have some molds that are holding up the release of that system. you can see an old version of that on youtube from years ago at the shot show in vegas. Much has changed in that old system. We shrunk everything and upgraded our electronics and once the molds are done it will be available. Please PM me your info and I will put you on the contact list for the AR release. Here is the AR version video

·
Registered
312 Posts
What's the price tag for the PS90 version?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The cost for FNforum users is $399.00 Shipping is free and there is no sales tax if you are outside Arizona. The system will have software updates quarterly and we will update software for free. If you go to our facebook page there should be a link to the programming video. Since the video was released we have already added more programming modes (motion activation, motion activated with audible tones, battery level indication, etc) as we receive user feedback we can create operational modes to suit our users needs which is why we offer FN users a discount. We have been testing and developing this system for years prior to the public release but in doing so we made it respond the way we see fit. I really want to hear what people want it to do for them so that we are putting out products that do what users want rather than what our engineering staff wants.

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We have systems in development for the AK, SAIGA, SCAR, ACR, and Tavor rifle but I'd like to hear from you guys what you want so I can get on it. Also how important is the use of the selector to you guys, It seems like a logical trigger point for the system because its the one control you must manipulate for your gun to fire so by linking the selector its a one stop shop for system activation. It also allows for a range master or weapons instructor to monitor the status of a students weapon. Is motion activation or a separate button just as good?

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks Hilbillyjim, To shut off the system you point the gun straight up and toggle the selector switch 3 times in 3 seconds or less, that puts it into programming mode, at that point you will hear a audible tone it will beep the number for the current program you are on, if you toggle the switch one more time the system will go into program mode 1 which is system bypass. It will shut off everything until you reprogram the system to another mode.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I think it would be a good tactical distraction if you where being robbed while walking through a parking lot, if the motion of drawing from a holster set off you car alarm, horn, headlights, etc... It may give you the extra fraction of a second need to prevail if someone already has you at gun point. The future looks promising, as long as electronic failure will not effect normal weapon function, I'm in.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think it would be a good tactical distraction if you where being robbed while walking through a parking lot, if the motion of drawing from a holster set off you car alarm, horn, headlights, etc... It may give you the extra fraction of a second need to prevail if someone already has you at gun point. The future looks promising, as long as electronic failure will not effect normal weapon function, I'm in.
that is a hot idea! if i could stuff into the back strap of a glock...all you would need is basically is just a pressure switch in the back strap and there ya go. either just go with a generic programmable so just yours, or it sets off a huge range of RF so all the cars in the area go off. you go with this you need to hook storm up.

Reactions: 00stormbringer

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
This is an extremely interesting device!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts