FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BLUF: FS2000 fails to feed 3-4 round into a 30-round mag of Wolf HP black box.

Today at the range, I went through 4 mags worth of poly-coated Wolf HP black. I loaded each mag to a full 30 rounds. Like clockwork, the rifle would refuse to load either the third or fourth round into the rifle. After removing the mag, I would note the top round nudged forward from the mag but not enough to feed into the rifle. After resetting the round, I would manually charge the weapon and finish out the mag without issues.

I can think of three possible causes:

1. Temperature was around 50F. Possibly there's enough spring friction and reduced viscosity to interfere with loading.
2. My rifle just doesn't like Wolf poly-coated HP.
3. I should have set my gas valve to the lower-powered ammo setting. I didn't think of this one until on the way home from the range.

Since this occurred like clockwork with 4 different GI mags, I tend to doubt a mag problem in and of itself. Anybody have a similar experience and possible resolution?

Thanks! :)

·
Banned
83 Posts
:) Never had a problem ..at all. But then I never shot wolf.

I know .223 is out the roof in price....but I'd say the ammo is the problem!

The FS has a chamber that is just to nicely machined for lacquered steel!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Its your gas setting, mine will do it 1 out of every 50 or so rounds with it set on high but when I put it on the "crappy ammo" setting it is 100% but some rifles and new unbroken in ones will not at all.

Also make sure theres no burrs on the mag lips alot of people dont think of this. Ive had it happen on 3 GI mags and 5 IMI UZI mags and it took me forever to figure out why it was holding up with other mags!

Since you are useing the Poly coating its fine, but if you go to the Military Classic make SURE you use a brass brush when the chamber is still warm to get out all the crap left behind. It builds up if you dont.

·
Registered
350 Posts
In my opinion and experience with wolf ammo

ammo made by the other guys should only be used by the other guys

wolf/brown bear/silver bear is crude ammo only meant for guns made in basements.. AKs, makarovs, RPKs RPDs, etc, are all meant for crude ammunition because they are solid made guns build to work in any condition

precision firearms, f2000s, ar15s, mp5s, fn hipowers, glocks, etc are made for brass cased ammunition

wold/brown bear/silver bear, foreign military ammunition is very dirty and very rough ammo, and is likely to cause problems in firearms that arent made for it

if the zombies attack, go for it, but you want your gun to not break before they do :) :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well with the price of ammo now its "Shoot a little with brass case ammo or shoot alot with steel case ammo" and still save alot of money to buy spare parts that could be needed.

I was always Anti Wolf used to say "Friends dont let friends shoot Wolf" But since the prices went sky high ive fired about 10K of there 223 in a few AR-15's FS2k and a bunch of others and seen nothing as far as abnormal wear. Dirty, yes but just take a little bit longer to clean it and your fine.

That money you save just buys new guns...

·
Registered
350 Posts
haha i guess you can do that

yeah ammo prices are ridiculous but that should be a flag to stockpile instead of shoot every day

im betting ammo will be even more ridiculous soon

if not limited to 1 box per month when ms clinton wins in november

Anyway when i rolled with an ar-15 i had two extractors shatter on my bolts due to wolf ammo and render my rifles unopenable with tools, as well as breaking one of the bolt lugs off due to the extractor shattering

this made me very weary to wolf

·
Registered
7 Posts
i've had problems with wolf even on my ar15s, i actually had one get stuck in the chamber, try a high grain 62 or higher, since your barrel is 1x7 twist and go with some 5.56. check out cheaperthandirt.com, also walmart sells federal value packs of 200 round of 223 for 54.00, that's not a bad deal, i always jump on that when i can. the fs2000 is like a fine tuned european sports car, don't put 87 octane, drive a couple extra miles up the road and put in some 93, yeah it's that special. :shock: :?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Only rifles I have seen constant trouble with Wolf is from Stag Arms and Olympic arms and some rounds stuck in chambers when they are not chrome lined or not scrubed after fireing the Military classic.

Oh, I have massave stocks of brass cased Lake city M855 ammo but its to be saved for the Hillarycaust or sold at the right price.

My Machine guns eat up all my ammo money since I only feed them high end stuff :(

Anyways we are way the hell off topic and his has been talked about in other places.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts