FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the best way to paint a SCAR 17S while keeping some of the parts in their original color? Like the shell deflector near the ejector and the two "ear" things on each side. Would it be better to take them off or mask them?

·
Registered
604 Posts
While it's preferable to remove items your don't want painted, if you're unsure of your mechanical abilities go ahead and tape over it. If you're rattle-canning it, a little over-spray can be gently scraped away with your fingernail.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like what this guy did here, but not sure how to take all the parts off tho, I could find good videos about them.

·
Registered
641 Posts
OD green actually looks decent. I wonder if FN will ever have it as a color option?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I like what this guy did here, but not sure how to take all the parts off tho, I could find good videos about them.

I've actually spoken with that gentleman about his paint job. It's basic, but I still think it's one of the best looking repaints I've ever seen on a SCAR. As I recall, I think he just removed what he could and carefully masked off the rest.

·
Registered
35 Posts
take the parts off. its easy. there is a threaded plate behind most parts in the receiver that will come out also. understand, these screws (metric allen head....not standard) were loctited at the factory. make sure you re loctite (blue) when your reassemble. it goes together easily

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
take the parts off. its easy. there is a threaded plate behind most parts in the receiver that will come out also. understand, these screws (metric allen head....not standard) were loctited at the factory. make sure you re loctite (blue) when your reassemble. it goes together easily
I think once i bought the gun I will know, I would have wait longer for a FDE if I'm not getting send to CA for a job. ::FF::

·
Registered
219 Posts

Now that's what my 17 needs to look like. Dunno if I could actually bring myself to paint it though! I've thought of having it Cerakoted in OD green. Would go well with my PS90 and my AR with OD furniture.

·
Registered
505 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts