FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that these types of channels are a dime a dozen, but I've just started making videos. First video was on the PTR 91 GI, and I should have the second video up shortly on storing ammo long term, and various methods of doing so.

Here's the link to the Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/JayhawkerPrepper

And the First video, the PTR review:

I hope you guys enjoy the videos. If you have any ideas or suggestions, please let me know. I can certainly use the help! :roll:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
The formula for successful and rapidly growing youtube shooting channel seems to be:

1. be a girl
2. show cleavage and/or wear tight-fitting clothing

I tried to show my cleavage but 800 people unsubscribed immediately. :D

Good luck with your channel. I recommend doing it for fun... because that's really the only reason that makes sense.

I subbed 8)

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The formula for successful and rapidly growing youtube shooting channel seems to be:

1. be a girl
2. show cleavage and/or wear tight-fitting clothing

I tried to show my cleavage but 800 people unsubscribed immediately. :D

Good luck with your channel. I recommend doing it for fun... because that's really the only reason that makes sense.

I subbed 8)
Yeah this is mostly to have fun, maybe learn a few things in the process. I'll try to keep your advise in mind.... maybe a boob job is in order. ;)

EDIT: The second video is up, and can be found here:

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Kay, some possibly helpful tips (keep in mind this is just an opinion; I'm not a professional nor is my channel very successful, though I'm closing in on a million video VIEWS. Only 900+ subscribers though): jeffshootsstuff - YouTube in case you're curious. I also have a staggeringly unsuccessful cooking channel called Kitchen of Chaos. :D

1. Intarwebz is for people with short attention spans. Nutnfancy fans aside, not many people are going to sit through 20+ minute videos.
c. Cut your intro way down and get to the guts quickly. One minute+ is too long to wait.
xviii. Consolidate your ideas/suggestions down to one or two big ones and focus on those for one video. This has the dual benefits of keeping your vids short and interesting, and also leaving you more content to film for future videos.
2. Shoot in high-def if possible. Even the $70 point-and-shoot Canon Powershot pocket camera I typically use shoots high-enough to rip the final to 720p. (I shoot in 640, edit in windows movie maker and rip the final video in 720. Even this is now bushleague but like I said, it's a hobby for me, and this camera has taken a BEATING and kept working). Capturing off a webcam is not going to cut it soundwise or image-wise. I assume that's what you're doing.

Maybe Armsdork will come along soon and give you the real secret of success. ;) :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts