FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you who have lasers or lights that work off of a pressure switch, how did you mount the switch to your PS90?

I'm not wild about using adhesives or anything that will leave a sticky residue because I dont' know what solvents I can use on the PS90 body without harming it.

However, using some doublie-sided industrial tape or something along those lines is the only way I can think of to mount the pressure switch on my laser...

Just looking for some advice on how others have done it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Vendor
5,704 Posts
I put my laser switch in the same place as Ships. It is out of the way yet easy to activate with the index finger when you need it. I have a pressure switch for the flashlight that is placed horizontally and just bellow the right charging handle. This way it is out of the way yet can be activated with the index fingure also. If I want the laser AND the flashlight both on... I use my index finger for the laser and my middle finger for the flashlight. Works great :?

·
Banned
328 Posts
I have mine on the left side just below where my shooting hand thumb rests. All I have to do is move my thumb down slightly and apply pressure to activate. The second patch (just below the word "Herstal") holds the switch when not in use during the daytime. I've had this setup for several months and have carried in the field with no snag issues or interference with my shooting grip. It also works one handed although I haven't had to fire that way.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I've got both the factory tapeswitch screws & velcro/adhesive on mine. I'd probably use industrial tape if those didn't work.
Tomac

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I think I was the 1st to post a pic and use the setup with the switch in the front. I saw all the photos of people having the switch on the side of the gun, and I never liked that.

·
Banned
328 Posts
I saw all the photos of people having the switch on the side of the gun, and I never liked that.

Any reason in particular?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
kanthek said:
I saw all the photos of people having the switch on the side of the gun, and I never liked that.

Any reason in particular?
Just didn't care for the looks. While my setup may look "big" in the picture - the pressure switch on my laser is actually small. And, it's not really noticable at all when U see the gun in person.

·
Registered
569 Posts
For me, having it on the side is the logical location as it sits right under my fingertips. All I have to do is squeeze (and the Streamlight pressure switch requires sufficient pressure to prevent accidental activation) w/o changing my firing grip at all (YMMV).
Tomac

·
Registered
45 Posts
If I was going to pick up a SF light such as this one:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire-weaponlights-m951xm07.html

How much cable do you think is needed? There are several different options. Looking at y'alls photos and my PS90 it almost seems I'll need to run the cable around the receiver to avoid getting in the way of the charging handle on the right side (light will go on the right as you hold the weapon).

Thanks!

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Well, the cables are usually spiraled - and they stretch. I had to run mine thru that hole under the optics to bring it around to the other side where I wanted it at. My cable is about 8 inches before being streteched.

·
Registered
569 Posts
If I was going to pick up a SF light such as this one:
http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire-weaponlights-m951xm07.html
How much cable do you think is needed? There are several different options. Looking at y'alls photos and my PS90 it almost seems I'll need to run the cable around the receiver to avoid getting in the way of the charging handle on the right side (light will go on the right as you hold the weapon).
Thanks!
Cable length concerned me as well. IIRC the non-coiled 8" cable wasn't quite long enough for the way I have the cable run in the pic above so I went w/the coiled and that's worked perfectly for me (YMMV).
Tomac

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yea, if I go the inexpensive route (G2 and non-SF pressure tail cap) then it will be spiraled. But if I decide to pony up the money for a SF Millenium, the cords are straight... but they come in lengths from 5" to 7". I'd prefer a straight cord that is less likely to come away from the weapon.

...Actually, I was hoping to find a light mount that held it low enough to use the tailcap button or X300 and not have to run cables. But even looking at Shipwreck's double rail I don't think it will work.

Thanks. :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I used an 8in cable with my SL TL3 and that just barely reached down; I have the pressure switch just under the charging handle on the same side as the flashlight. The 8in wouldn't have made it to the opposite side.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
To help keep cables neat and tidy I have used those self adhesive cable clips that you buy at electronics stores for your computer and other electronics, There small and work great.

·
Registered
30 Posts
One way to keep the adhesive junk from screwing up your finish, is to use a little rubbing alcohol and some gauze to lightly scrub the sticky residue of. Its also a good idea to clean the area with some rubbing alcohol prior to placing your pressure switch. It will help the adhesive adhere alot better.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Tomahawk said:
Yea, if I go the inexpensive route (G2 and non-SF pressure tail cap) then it will be spiraled. But if I decide to pony up the money for a SF Millenium, the cords are straight... but they come in lengths from 5" to 7". I'd prefer a straight cord that is less likely to come away from the weapon.
Emphasis mine. Actually, the ST## tape switch that attaches to the XM00 tailcap comes in the following part numbers: ST03, ST04, ST06, ST07, ST08, ST10, ST12, ST14, ST16, ST18. The last 2 digits are the length in inches.

I'm looking at getting one of these myself and I'm trying to figure out how long it needs to be.

Edit: P.S. If you have a SureFire G2 (or 6P), I highly recommend the SureFire M79 6P/G2 Gun Mount. It attaches to the rail like a scope ring would, but has a quick release latch to free the whole flashlight while the mount stays mounted. You can get one from Optics Planet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
FSCJedi said:
Emphasis mine. Actually, the ST## tape switch that attaches to the XM00 tailcap comes in the following part numbers: ST03, ST04, ST06, ST07, ST08, ST10, ST12, ST14, ST16, ST18. The last 2 digits are the length in inches.

I'm looking at getting one of these myself and I'm trying to figure out how long it needs to be.

Edit: P.S. If you have a SureFire G2 (or 6P), I highly recommend the SureFire M79 6P/G2 Gun Mount. It attaches to the rail like a scope ring would, but has a quick release latch to free the whole flashlight while the mount stays mounted. You can get one from Optics Planet.
Thanks. I already went with this setup though:
http://www.ps90forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8057

I may upgrade it down the road, but for now I'm happy with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts