FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you don't mind doing a transfer you can find them on gunbroker or gunsamerica for cheap, $1500-$1600. Got my first one used for $800, I was at the right place at the right time (local shop). Got my second off of Gunsamerica from a store in Texas for $1537 with the $125 rebate (not received yet).

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply, my local dealer has the black USG for $1899, kind of hard to swallow. i will check out the local auctions.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Keep in mind that sometimes you can end up paying $50-$100 extra once you pay for shipping and transfer fees if you buy online.
Sometimes its worth it and sometimes its not that much of a differance.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tqtran said:
Keep in mind that sometimes you can end up paying $50-$100 extra once you pay for shipping and transfer fees if you buy online.
Sometimes its worth it and sometimes its not that much of a differance.
what do you mean? i never purchased a firearm online before either.

·
Registered
459 Posts
$1800 locally + 8.25% tax = $1948.50
$1800 on GunBroker + $30 shipping + $20 FFL fee = $1850.00
About a $100 difference which may or may not be worth it to some.

$500 locally + 8.25% tax = $541.25
$500 on GunBroker + $30 shipping + $20 FFL fee = $550.00
Probably worth getting locally since you can look it over first and would be giving business to a local store.

It all depends on what you are buying, whether sales tax is involved, etc. I've also been able to purchase some of my more expensive guns cheaper from specific dealers on GunBroker than I can locally. Then add on the difference because of local sales tax and the internet purchase has sometimes been nearly $200 less than a local purchase.

Of course there are some guns I absolutely have to see in person so I can check out the fit and finish.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
Locally, my guns shops charge anywhere from $30-$75 for an FFL transfer.
It all depends on how much your gun shop charges for an FFL.
If you pay $75 FFL fee and $25 shipping, thats a $100 differance.

·
Registered
534 Posts
My local dealer has them for $1959 (black)
A dealer 90 Miles away has a used one for $1475(Green)
And I found another new for $1800 ( Black or Green)
I have a dealer that will do transfers for m $20 so who has the best deals on them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah, I got it like 2 weeks ago.

Online purchasing is fairly simple. First pick out a FFL in your area for the transfer. Then, you purchase the weapon online/auction. After, you get contact info from the seller (fax # is best). Once that is done you go to your FFL and have them send their info to the seller. Now the seller will send the weapon to the FFL you picked and you have to fill out some paper work when the weapon arrives.

You may or may not have to wait a few days depending on state laws. In MD it's a regulated firearm and you have to wait 7 days.

http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=122078261

·
Registered
3 Posts
Me Too!

Just got my black USG from Down By The Tracks for 1649.00 including shipping!

The thing rocks. I love it.

I had rented a P90 at Scottsdale Gun Club...Words cant describe how fast that thing cycled. I went through 25 rounds in what felt like a few seconds!...at least I can make mine look like one...

:shock: Filling out my Form 1 to get it SBR'd! :shock:

Cheers,

Jason

1 - 19 of 19 Posts