FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
11,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is $300.00 a reasonable price for a new in box EOTech 512 A65 Double AA holo sight?

I have been checking around and the proces on the internet vary from about $376.00 to in excess of $450.00 for this model.

TIA

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Yes, that is a good deal - especially new.

I paid $295 for my 511 model, but I knew a vendor and he gave me a awesome deal.

·
Administrator
11,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. I did purchase the Holo and I also purched the MPF top rail to mount it onto. I wanted an additional rail for my Laser but I figured how often would I be using my laser and Holo sight at the same time.

It is not stated on the website but do I need to remove the factory sight to mount the top rail or will the top rail mount above the factory sight?

Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
15,552 Posts
Yes - U use an allen wrench to remove the stock sight. Then, the new rail goes there. U will have to sight the optic in. After that, U won't want to remove it.

So, U should buy a siderail if you want a laser too. It's not something U will swop out easily. If U try that, U will have to rezero the laser and the scope each and every time.

U will need a metric set of allen wrenches. For $99, I bought a package with both standard and metric on a keyring at Wal-Mart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts