FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the big increase in price for ammo and guns all hype or is there really going to be a 10-30% increase in price?

Thanks,
CT

·
Registered
76 Posts
I haven't heard of a big increase in price for guns coming.

I haven't noticed a huge spike in ammo prices...I think I've read posts about it on every other board out there. I have noticed it creeping up at some retailers (online and local)...but not all.

·
Registered
302 Posts
As far as where I have seen at work they seem to be starting to level out.. Thank God... I went 4 weeks without touching anything but a .22.

·
Vendor
5,593 Posts
The Owner of my local gun store was trying to order .308 ammo a few weeks ago and he was being quoted $750.00 for 1000 rds. He just about blew a gasket. He called around for prices of .223 and .308 and all the prices were way up. The military is buying it all up so there is a shortage right now. Makes the price of the 5.7 X 28 seem real good right now! :lol:

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Gun prices ARE going up!

For sale one (1) Lorcin .32 for $1,000.00 (SPF)- get it while you can. :-D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason I ask is I use to shoot Wolf .45 for 7.99 a box. And now it has crept up to 12.99. So I switched over to 9mm. I was buying it for 5.99 a box. Now the case price at Dick’s is 6.98 and the box price $10.99! This is getting to bit a crazy! There better be a ceiling soon!

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just paid $350 for 1K rounds of SS109 at a local shop. OUCH.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The Owner of my local gun store was trying to order .308 ammo a few weeks ago and he was being quoted $750.00 for 1000 rds. He just about blew a gasket. He called around for prices of .223 and .308 and all the prices were way up. The military is buying it all up so there is a shortage right now. Makes the price of the 5.7 X 28 seem real good right now! :lol:
Sounds about right for a namebrand softpoint.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Stopped by Walmart on the way home and picked up 4 boxes of WWB Value Pack at $16/box which is what it has been around here for several months.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts