FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was all set to purchase my PS90 and had called to check prices on a FiveseveN as well. When my contact called their distributor to check on prices for both, she came back with a much higher number than the first time she checked for me.

Apparently I'm looking at about $300 more. According to her distributor, basically most of the distributors got together, decided the prices were too low and increaed them. $300 is a like an extra 25%, so I'm really struggling with wanting to move forward with the purchase. I might still get the Fiveseven as that's sub $1k and doesn't feel like such a cash outlay.

Has anyone else had this happen to them in the past like 2 weeks?
Is this a common thing where prices rise and fall like this?
I don't have a lot of market exposure here, so I'm wondering do I wait it out and see if prices come back down or do I buy now before prices go up again?
Does anyone have another source they recommend who has good prices? PM me if you'd rather not post that publicly.

Thanks in advance all.
Feeling bummed but I'll get over it...

·
Registered
15,573 Posts
Someone just posted a thread stating that the FS2000s were going up $200, if I remember right. And, there is a thread somewhere around here that had someone speculating that after the white ringed models of the PS90 are cleared out, the prices may go up. But, I think the post was more speculation - but I might be remembering wrong.

They were $1399 for green and $1499 for black models at the end of 2006 and in early 2007. Since then, prices have really come down, and I have seen them as low as $1199 recently. So, it was just a matter of time before they bounce up a bit.

If U don't mind buying over the net, U can still get good prices.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just purchased a black triple rail PS90 for $1200. Found it on GunBroker. It was the cheapest one I found...

But also recall, FN is doing the free C-More sight promo until the end of the year... so if you got one now, you'd get the sight for free. Worth it? That's probably a little subjective... but I'm happy with the price I paid, and I'm sure I'll like it once I have it all set up.

Maybe they're going up for the holiday shopping season? Maybe the prices will come down after the new year?

·
Registered
24 Posts
A friend of mine emailed Ray Tanner yesterday asking if he had any PS90s... Tanner was out, and commented that FN was crazy because of what they are asking for these things!

You figure they'd want to LOWER the price, and get more SOLD!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts