FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to my Gun Dealer/Gunsmith today, and he informed me that FN Product prices are going up on Saturday. Specifically the FS2000, which is supposed to increase $200.00. His distributor is Davidson's which is one of the largest in the US, So, I'm assuming that this will be the case for the smaller ones as well.

I believe the price hike is due to the popularity and demand of FN's products such as the PS90, Five-seveN, and the FS2000. I'm not 100% that's the reason, it's just me offering my $.02

I bought my FS2000 about a week and a half ago, and I already have the PS90 and Five-seveN, so I'm in pretty good shape (Well, at least until the SCAR finally comes out in Semi-Auto :)).

Just wanted to share in case some of you were on the fence ... now is the time!

PS .. Ship, if I didnt post this in the right place, I apologize. Please feel free to move as you wish.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Since U touched 3 different weapons, it's hard to place it in 1 area. But since U initially talked about the FS2000, I'll move it there.

Unfortunately, many gun companies have bounced prices upwards. Beretta has raised their prices in the recent past, as have a few other companies. I don't necessarily believe that the costs of metals and petroleum, (for plastics) justifies a huge price bump. Not when in reality, it's probably a matter of just a few dollars more in actual supply price increases for the company.

But, I can't say I know why they are raising prices...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want a FS2000 pretty bad. Like already said it's overpriced already. I don't know if I could justify paying even more for it. I'll have a hard enough time convincing the soon to be wife that $2000 for one is a good deal. The Glock LE dealer where I got my G23 had a FS2000 and they wanted $2300 for it. I was going to try and talk them down but decided against buying it. If the prices are likely to go up more I will write this thing off my dream sheet. I'll just buy a bare bones AR for less than half the price of one of these.

Then there's always the DSA FALs. I think I would much rather pay the $1800ish price tag for one of the mini SA58s and $200 for the NFA 13" barrel version.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Well, I paid $1499 for my black PS90 back in Dec 06. I too thought the gun shouldn't be over $1k max. But, I still had to have it...

·
Registered
161 Posts
ShipWreck said:
Since U touched 3 different weapons, it's hard to place it in 1 area. But since U initially talked about the FS2000, I'll move it there.

Unfortunately, many gun companies have bounced prices upwards. Beretta has raised their prices in the recent past, as have a few other companies. I don't necessarily believe that the costs of metals and petroleum, (for plastics) justifies a huge price bump. Not when in reality, it's probably a matter of just a few dollars more in actual supply price increases for the company.

But, I can't say I know why they are raising prices...
It's probably not just the cost of materials but also the increase in transport costs and the effect of the euro/dollar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts