FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on another board that a guy had an FNX and took it to the range and fired a few rounds thru it and while waiting on a friend to arrive and firing another pistol he laid it on the bench (apparently outside range) and after laying there about 10 mins. in the sun when he went to shoot it again the pistol froze with the hammer in the cocked position. It would under no circumstances fire, however after he took it inside and it cooled off it again worked perfectly. Does anyone know if FNP's are prone to this problem? If has never happened to me but, it makes me a bit wary of using mine for CC. When he called FNH they said this was a common problem.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I heard of issues with FNX 45s having issues in cold weather as well. Last winter was super cold in the U.P. of MI. So I took mine to the outdoor range when the high temp was 3 deg F. No one was there in those temps so I let the gun and ammo get cold while I sat in the truck.
Lubed with Slip 2000 Ewl it had zero problems with 50rnds of American Eagle ball and 40 rounds of Speer gold dot 230gr HPs.
Ran like a top.

Sent from my iPhone using Outdoor Forums

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Some early FNX 9's and 40's had issues of not firing when they got hot, so it might have been one of the early ones.

My FNP-9 has gotten very hot and had no issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts