FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm having an intermittent issue with my FNP9 lately. When I've been firing at the range, it seems that for a couple of rounds from each magazine, the gun fires, ejects, and loads the next round into the chamber normally, but it does not cycle back into SA and ends up in DA after the shot. So for a 10 round magazine, I'll have an intermittent 2 or 3 rounds where I end up back in DA after the shot. I keep my pistol very clean, properly lubed up, and I fire only quality ammo through it. Has anyone else had this issue, or know of a fix? Thanks.

Mike

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
You might have a cracked fire control group. What year was your pistol made?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
I'd pull the fire control group to see if anything is obviously damaged. Just punch the pin out in back and you'll need to rotate it up and over the trigger bar.

You'll probably have to send it in to FN for repair (there's been a couple other people who have had this happen and they wound up sending it in).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will a FCH from a FNX fit in a FNP? I am asking because I can buy a FNX FCH for about the cost of shipping my FNP to FN, about $80 but with out the wait.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
No, you'd have to modify the frame to make it work, and then you'd have visible holes in the frame. The FNX uses the decocker/safety levers to hold in the fire control group vs. the pin on the FNP.

Give FN's parts department a call and see if they have what you need in stock: 1-800-635-1321

·
Registered
143 Posts
my fnp was made in 2006 it has the supposedly bad fire control group but has not cracked and I have 1000 rounds through it. Should I worry that it will break in the future? or if it was going to break would have it broke by now?

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
It probably would have broken by now. Most broke within the first few hundred rounds.

·
Registered
21,554 Posts
Wish I could tell you. Even the non -notched ones could fatigue and crack. That said I think it's pretty unlikely that it will break

·
Registered
143 Posts
umm, that doesn't make me feel good. Might not break but has the notch that is known for breaking. Factory will replace it but ill probably end up paying 70ish for shipping and wait a month for the repair....this will probably bug me until I decide to sell it, that sucks just bought 6 extra mags for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts