FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi from Long Island NY!! Just bought a brand spanking new FN SLP Mk1 and am having real trouble getting the 8th shell into the magazine......in fact it wont go in! However, if I remove the mag sleeve and fore end, it will go into the magazine. Will these parts loosen up over time allowing me to get the 8th shell in there? Anyone else had this problem with their new Mk 1? Thanks....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool!! But are you having trouble getting that 8th (last) shell in the mag? No matter how hard I try, it sticks out by a couple of mil. But when I take the mag sleeve and fore end off the shell goes in to the mag. You have the same problem?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok...good news, well sort of......managed to get the 8th 2 3/4" shell into the mag, but now it won't feed into the chamber when I cock the gun. If I take the 8th shell out of the mag, the 7th feeds into the chamber no problem! I've tried 2 or 3 different types of shell. I figure when I get some range time, the whole thing will loosen up and getting 8 into the mag and then getting it to feed properly will be no problem. Here's hoping....

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a new one out this weekend and had no problems putting 8 + 1
2 3/4" shells in it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, pretty sure I've fixed it! After mucho loading/unloading of the shotgun we seem to be in good shape. What I did notice was that the mag cap needs to done up as loosely as possible. Put 8 shells in the mag and succeeded in feeding a shell into the chamber 3 times in a row. Will get back to you guys after some range time, but am feeling pretty good about my new purchase now. Thanks for your answers....

·
Registered
137 Posts
mag problem

Leaving things loose on a shotgun is a good way to loose em when the recoil gets hold of them.

Did you check the spring for stacking?... or the follower for binding or being overlength? Take the spring out of the weapon and load the mag with only the follower and the eight rds and see how much room you have left in the tube. Normal is at least one shell or more. The spring may be to long to stack correctly, causing your last round bind. Check it for kinking or not seating in the cup( what kind of follower, cup or probe style?) This can be fixed with a different follower.

This has showed up in Remingtons when the retainer on the cap end gets out of place. You should have some space in the tube even after loading the 8th rd for the coils to nest without spring bump.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same problem with mine at first

You might need to cut a coil off of the spring. Then load 8 in the tube and put it in your safe for a few weeks.

This worked for me!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts