FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forums.
I just bought a PBR 16" and went to the range today.
I mounted a Zeiss 4.5-14 scope on it and ran out of adjustment but was still two feet low on the target !
I took the scope off the bases and noticed that the rear base is about 1/16" lower than the front base. I don't think this is normal because it would be stressing the scope tube. The bases are mounted properly.
Any ideas ??? I sent FN an e-mail but have not gotten a response.
I have attached some photos, the aluminum bar is perfectly straight.

[/img]

·
Registered
475 Posts
Mine came with a one piece rail, but either way they are built in with an additional 20MOA of adjustment meaning there should be a slight slope to them. here's mine

don't know why you're having trouble sighting it in, maybe reset your scope and try it again, just make sure your rings are tightened to the proper torque.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
looking at the images it does seem to be a height issue rather then an angle. Those bases are not on the same plane. I would say call FN, dont wait for an email reply. I like the 1 piece base like horse9640's image

Do you know the aluminum bar your testing with to be straight?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback guys.

I know that the aluminum bar is straight. I really think that FN( or whomever makes their bases) just messed up the base when they manufactured it.
I think I will take your advice and just try to call them in the morning.

Kind of a cruddy way to start off with a new rifle though

Thanks

·
Registered
102 Posts
yeah that is weird, they should have a 20MOA slope to it, but it has to be in the same plane as previously said. When you call ask for Bob Allies (i think thats the correct spelling)

·
Registered
21,553 Posts
rizzo5586 said:
yeah that is weird, they should have a 20MOA slope to it, but it has to be in the same plane as previously said. When you call ask for Bob Allies (i think thats the correct spelling)
It's actually Bob Ailes, and here's his contact info:
Bob Ailes
Customer Support Manager
PO Box 697
McLean, VA 22101
T: 703-288-1292 ext-122
F: 703-288-1730

1 - 7 of 7 Posts