FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The first two pics are of my "stock" PS90. Then I changed the mag from 30 to 50. Removed the original Sight, and Installed a very low sitting block, Comp II ring and Aimpoint M2x2 Scope. And finally the ERT sling. Ready for the range.

TA

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanx, I was a little worried how my eyes would like the 2X scope, but it works really well. I can keep both eyes open and I really don't notice any magnification. but if I close my left eye I then I notice it.

Hey Ship, I was going to ask if you like 2 point or 1 point better. What do you think so far?

TA

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Texas Armadillo said:
Hey Ship, I was going to ask if you like 2 point or 1 point better. What do you think so far?

TA
I"ll tell ya - I've preferred black PS90s - but when ya see a green one with the matching colored sling and rear lanyard around the stock, that looks sweet.

ERT sells coyote colored slings too. I think a Coyote colored PS90 stock would look sweet with the matching strap. I had someone offer me a good deal on duracoating mine. But I just can't duracoat a gun that costs so much. No way....

As for the sling... Well, I haven't taken the 2 point out to the range yet, but I think I prefer it a bit over the single point. The single point is nice. But, I ended up taking my flashlight off the inside rail. It kept banging against my leg as I walked up and down the 50 and 100 yard ranges. And, 2x now, the bulb finally fell out of the socket (it's a Streamlight scorpion light). Banging on every step, over time, must have been too much.

Anyway, I would have worn the gun higher on the single point. But, I don't like the feeling of the strap across my shoulder blades. So, I wore it at about guitar level.

I really like the versatility of the 2 point. There is actually several ways U can carry it even with the 2 point. Now, the day I get a PS90 mag shoulder holster from The Vest Guy, I may have to go back to single point so the strap doesn't interfere - at least for when I want to wear it.

The 2 point sling can convert back to a single point - but ya really gotta watch ERT's videos to figure out how to do it. Ya gotta disassemble the two ends of the sling and switch them, then attach that lanyard. I'm having him add a 2nd made connector to the lanyard so I can convert it from single to double and back again in less than 30 seconds. I should have that piece back next week.

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
Oh, I forgot to say that his solution to attaching the 2nd point where he did - instead of those pieces that fit onto the barrel itself - is great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts