1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
metroplex said:
Looks good! Do you have any hints on how to reduce trigger pull? :D
Yes.

I will broach that issue this weekend. I have to disassemble the pack, to take pictures and describe the process.

In a nutshell, it involves cripming a spring. Pretty easy process.

-TH

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Esteves said:
How much lower will Project-X's rail be than the factory TR? Do you still feel good about the project, now that FNH has announced the PS90TR?
The P90TR places the reticle even higher (an inch) than the regular P90 with it's standard reflex - but not as high as the periscope mount from Halo. Not only that - mine will retain the rear end for a sling, low mount rear sight and protect the forward mounted optic.

Since I have already purchased a PS90 I'm not about to run out and get another one that would be functionally inferior (to the finished X).

BUT - if one has not made a purchase - and does not enjoy gunsmithing, it would be advisable to purchase the PS90TR, since a third party optic would be lower than if one was to employ the factory rail or any third party rail on the PS90.

Aside from optic placement, I have done many other cosmetic changes, some of which will have a fuction, others that are simply for cool factor.

The project - bit behind schedule - but coming soon.

Cheers,

-TH

·
Registered
218 Posts
TH- you are the man! I just saw your Project X. You are one of only a very few people that is at the leading edge of customizing the PS90. I admire your dedication and guts.

I tried almost every rail on the market with 6 different sights- these were the Trijicon Reflex, Trijicon ACOG compact, EOtech, Aimpoint COMP2, and a Mepro 21 C sight.

Here is a pic of what I finaly came up with and I am still not happy with the setup. Now you have me hooked on your Project X.

Here is a pic of the Trijicon on a rail I milled out that I felt was the lowest possible, but it still did not lower the sight enough..

I put the Mepro back on my LAW 12, The Trijicon on my FS2000, sold the EOtech and Aimpoint COMP2...I wish I had kept the EOtech for use on the shotgun..oh well- hindsight is 20/20.

·
Registered
181 Posts
wildeye111, I admire your ingenuity 8)

I've been thinking someone needs to make a picatinny mount like you have that fits in the low spot just behind the front sight.

I'm intrigued by the AR-15 carry handle mount idea. Do you have any pictures of an Eotech mounted on it? I'd love to mount an Eotech on my PS90, but the thing would be so bloody high.

What suppressor is that on there?

I plan on mounting a 2x Compact ACOG once I get a custom AR-15 channel mount for it. The rifle should look like this when done:

Edited to add more pictures:

Here is the ACOG mounted on an airsoft P90TR where it feels comfortable, the M16 adapter, and my PS90:

Here is the 2x20 with the M16 adapter:

·
Registered
218 Posts
I too have thought by now that some real Mfg. would of made a super low sitting rail like the one I fabricated. IT still wasn't low enough though, thus the the AR carry mount drop down idea. The drop down mount is an actual Trijicon made mount that only accepts the Reflex sights to be mounted on it. I would of loved to put the EOtech on it before I had sold it. Your right -many sights just sit way to high even with FN's M1913 rail.

I also fabricated the fake can- I bought two all aluminum airsoft suppressors and mated them together -it uses a two part bi-lock collar that clamps on where the grove is that is designed for the collar ring that is used with a three point sling.

I LOVE the Trijicon ACOG's and was attempting to fabricate a mount for use with my 3.5x on my PS90 like you mentioned doing..by the way, excellent pic with the Trijicon on the PS90!!!

Stick with the Trijicon- it the best out there, which you probaly already know.

Question: Do you who made the mount for the Trijicon ACOG COMPACT that you have a pic of? Who ever did it- DID IT RIGHT!!
the placement of the Trijicon is set back at the right distance and they don't have the Trijicon sitting much higher than the factory ring sight was..VERy good job. I would love to get my hands on one.

By far the best idea is Project X, but you have to have balls to cut up your $1500 plus PS90. Thermallator is the only one that I think has the skill and as they say in spanish..the "huevos" to do it though, he's a true pioneer~

·
Registered
181 Posts
[Some content deleted by Admin pursuant to the rules of this board. Please read rules before posting. Thank You!]

msw (can be found on the fivesevenforum) designed the mount for a M16 mount Compact ACOG. To be more versatile I'm trying to use a special mount Compact ACOG with a M16 carry handle adapter.

That picture has the 2x20 ACOG just sitting there loose where I think it may mount. Once I get msw's mount I'll know for sure. The 2x20 ACOG has a 2.1 inch eye relief and would probably be my limit for the PS90. It should be comfortable where I have it shown in the picture as I got to test it on an airsoft P90TR. The 1.5x24 Compact ACOG has a 3.6 inch eye relief and can be mounted further forward. I wanted 2x to help hit 1/2 pound Tannerite bottles at 50 to 100 yards :D

I like msw's mounting idea because it makes for a sight almost as low as the stock sight. It might even be lower than mounting the Compact ACOG on the upcoming PS90 tri-rail version. I wish FN would have come out with the tri-rail first. I got my PS90 about 2 weeks before the announcement. I hate the stock sight and don't feel like the rifle will be complete until I get a good sight on it.

Another option for mounting an Eotech on a PS90 might be on a Magazineparts quad rail. I haven't seen anyone do that. I couldn't get myself to put an airsoft part on my PS90 though. That is just me.

I saw on the lightfighter forums that Aimpoint should have a compact Aimpoint coming out in 2007. That sounds like a good sight for the PS90:

http://lightfighter.net/eve/forums/...51/m/3081033282

Yes, Therm has grandes heuvos :) I'd love to see someone make a reciever along the lines he is going. Seems like FN could make a lower tri-rail receiver by getting rid of the sling slot no one seems to use.

Edited to add:

Sorry about violating rule #3 and linking to another FN site.

A

·
0 Posts
Therm, is that your only PS90? How can you stand not to be able to use it for so long?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts