FN Herstal Firearms banner

Promoted Pawn's Trigger Weight Selector for FN PS90/FN P90

9K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  HK SD9 Tactical 
#1 ·
Trigger Weight Selector for FN PS90/FN P90. Anyone have any info on this product? Does it work? How hard is it to install Etc...........
http://promotedpawn.com/Store.php

#2 ·
I plan on haveing PP install a lazer and i think i am going to get one of these also as soon as i get the cash for it all at once i dont want to send it up there twice i will keep you posted. :arrow:

#3 ·
Their website says that the installation may cause a AD if the weapon is dropped. Doesn't the PS90 have a firing pin block?

TA

#4 ·
about the drop safety.
it's not a firing pin block, it is more of a sear block,
It sits in the back of the trigger group and, when activated tilts forward and blocks the rearward travel of the "sear carriage", thus preventing the hammer from being released.
It is only activated by a muzzle-first impact.
A sharp blow to the butt of the weapon can still cause it to fire.

#5 ·
Promoted Pawn said:
about the drop safety.
it's not a firing pin block, it is more of a sear block,
It sits in the back of the trigger group and, when activated tilts forward and blocks the rearward travel of the "sear carriage", thus preventing the hammer from being released.
It is only activated by a muzzle-first impact.
A sharp blow to the butt of the weapon can still cause it to fire.
If I read this correctly then a stock PS90 can have the same discharge?

Also is anybody else making such an item Promoted Pawn is out of stock with no plans to make any more this year. It looks like an excellent product and I know I sure wish my PS90 had a better trigger in it

#6 ·
Yes, the 'stock' PS90 can have an accidental discharge - it takes serious impact to make it go off though.

No, there is no one else making a selector. There was one other guy but he stopped because he was afraid of getting sued.

Using a dry lube all over the push rods and moving parts will improve the trigger pull to an extent.

#7 ·
Over the rounds that i have shot, i have liked my trigger pull more and more

#9 ·
All you have to do is user her or u can send me urs and i can do that for ya!!! :? :-x

#10 ·
I have no problems with using the thing it is the feeding it that wipes me out :-D How about sending Me 1000 rounds or so just so I can used to this trigger pull Iceman :lol: :lol:

Seriously I do know what ya mean it is starting to grow on me more than it did when it was new

#12 ·
rspaulding check your PM

#14 ·
Monolith arms has some on their web for $20 with 7 settings and free replacement for life. However, you can't click on the button, so they may not be around any more. I'm sure some people that have used them have had no problems with them. However FN made the pull that way for a reason, and I'm sure they woudn't recommend it.

#15 ·
Monolith has them and it's of high quality, but it will require you to cut/rework your factory sping. If you're confident in doing it right the first time, then the unit will work for you. Me, I'm waiting till the complete unit (with spring) becomes available. Just remember FN does not sell spare parts like this at the moment, so do it right the first time.

You can contact Brian at Monolith @ monolithmail@gmail.com

Good luck and show us some pics and let us know how it works out!

#16 ·
I will have to think about this one for a while. I am about 98% sure I could do it and cut the spring right but I aint sure if want to even take a 2% gamble knowing I cannot get a spare spring.

Thanks for all of the input and help on this matter

#17 ·
rspalding the unit I told you about does not require any spring cutting as a new spring comes in the kit, So its plug and play.

#20 ·
Maybe I'll offer it again. But I would change it a little. In some cases (it depends on the particular PS90) the lowest settings make it so the weapon doesn't recock after each shoot.

I think I'll just start making "A" safety switches. I was all set up to do it. But didn't out of professional courtesy.

#26 ·
Oh wow....that looks just like promoted pawns i believe...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.