FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So FN replaced my 20S barrel assembly and bolt under warranty (premature wear on chrome lining and bolt face)...

Original barrel had "ridges" that you can feel on the exterior barrel with your nails (def US made) and no proof marks outside of 1:12 7.62X51 roll mark and the gas block was more of a natural color...

The replacement barrel has a proof mark of "50" close to the chamber (not machined but rolled like Euro proofs)...a P by the gas block and your typical 1:12 7.62x51 roll mark...but the exterior of the barrel is smooth like my old Belgian SCAR...the gas block also has a "serial" number below the gas plug (which none of my other SCARs have/had) and a darker finish...since FN has switched to 1:10 twist on their commercial barrels...did I luck out and potentially received a Belgian military barrel?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you scored! 馃憤 You might want to do a little more research by calling FN
I just sent an email to my contact at FN...if so I'll be super pumped. I also bought the Mk17 fixed SOCOM stock for it as I prefer it over the SSR stock...I am contemplating on selling it now...just prefer the UGG boot plus I am going after the SCAR-H PR clone...so...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts