FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I heard on ARF.com $1800 for the L and $2300 for the H.

When you combine that with the tax money FN has gotten to develop the thing.....

You still want one, just like me. :-D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Does this mean there isn't a semi-automatic version available for private sale?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rats! I'm looking to get a piston system in a few months and was hoping this was going to be it. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to see if I can afford another purchase later when they finally release it.

Thx
:\

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of what the price of the SCAR-L will be? I know reverend db mentioned prices from another board, but did anyone get better intel from SHOT show or anywhere else? Right now I'm on the fence with the SCAR-L(when it comes out) or Sig 556.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The real question is....

Are any dealers taking down/pre payments on them yet? I think I'm going to go up to Tanners in PA and find out what the deal is. Ray is usually on top of stuff like this :shock: So long as it's under $2500, I'm buying it...hopefully it's closer to $1800 though for the L.
\

·
Registered
41 Posts
when is it coming out i need a date please.

also unrelated, does anyone know i just bought a pre ban cobray m12, if i get replacment smg parts for it am i legally allowed to convert it to full auto? since it is preban 1986 i think i am aloowed to replace the parts and make it full auto. anyone know it would help alot thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
also unrelated, does anyone know i just bought a pre ban cobray m12, if i get replacment smg parts for it am i legally allowed to convert it to full auto? since it is preban 1986 i think i am aloowed to replace the parts and make it full auto. anyone know it would help alot thanks.
FYI only a couple months after the fact...you can't just convert a pre-1986 semi to full auto, you must have a pre-1986 REGISTERED auto sear. You can put the (legal) sear into anything. :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Release date

I'm scared to death I'm going to end up with a Sig 556 lol!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Re: Release date

I'm scared to death I'm going to end up with a Sig 556 lol!
As long as it's in the $1800 range(or fingers crossed less) I will be one of the first in line.

But not going to put a deposit down until they announce a price or a solid sell date. Nothing to do with trusting FN or whoever I order from, just want it down solid.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
proposed pricing of scar

I was at the local FN dealer last week and asked about the availability of the scar-l. I was told that this dealer would be getting 2 in late Oct. And that's all he'd be getting. I asked if both were spoken for and he said he was buying one and the other was up for grabs. He also told me retail was going to be 2500.00. Well, I'm getting the second one. He also told me that F/N was only shipping 900 in 2008.

So, here's hoping he's getting at least those two...

jeff

·
Registered
119 Posts
FN light

Ouch!

That is a little to high for me. $1500 to $1800 was my hope. But I think the price will be high for now because of the early demand.

·
Registered
630 Posts
any updates on pricing or availablity

·
Registered
156 Posts
Re: FN light

Ouch!

That is a little to high for me. $1500 to $1800 was my hope. But I think the price will be high for now because of the early demand.
No doubt, I can wait. But $2500 is out of the range

·
Registered
14 Posts
$2000.00 is my range for a basic model. If it is more then that then I might as well get an LMT and add a gas piston system to it or just buy the gas piston LMT that will be coming out soon.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Yea, I'm afraid that I will probably not be getting a SCAR if the price is that high. Not to mention, the wait until Dec 08 and thats only a maybe. Sorry I think I'm going to write off the SCAR from my wish list.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts