FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this was posted in 2007 but the pics have disappeared. The PS90 has a bolt catch. You have to pull the charging handle and keep the moving parts assy back and then insert your finger into the ejection well and push the obturator up. The obturator has a spring loaded catch that will catch on the side of the hammer assembly and prevent the bolt assy from moving forward. To release, pull charging handle back and let go. FN once inserted instructions with the PS90's on the operation of this part but no longer does. Also, one can depress and lock this obturator when not in use or when your are in extreme environments to keep foreign materials out of the action. When a range officer declares open bolt condition, this may be good to know.

fn pink paper.JPG

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Ya, a bunch of stuff was deleted a couple years ago.

Good info for the flolks who don't already know.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I didn't know that either.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The bolt release also releases when you slap a mag in.
Just a heads up as it chambers a round that way.
Yes it does. Wonder why FN stopped sending the pink paper with the PS90? Anybody out there have an idea? No reference in the owners manual regarding the bolt catch feature at all.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The bolt release also releases when you slap a mag in.
Just a heads up as it chambers a round that way.
Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't? Don't think the gun was designed to do that. There is no "releasing" mechanism that I can see. Think it just may be the force of the mag insertion causes the bolt to move some which in turn can trip the hold open.

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Smack it hard enough and it jars the bolt catch loose.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've found that if it doesn't release the bolt on a hard mag smack, a little smack on the butt will do the trick every time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm really glad to learn this trick. I had no idea! I thought the door in the ejection well was just a dust cover. Thanks!

Maybe this should be a sticky since it's a great safety tip???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts