FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought you guys may want to look at this post.....

Admin edit - Link removed because of rules violation.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sorry man but since the last Catastrophic failure issue they had over at that site, I find it difficult to beleave anything that is said over there as truthfull or factual in nature.

The guy probably left out the part where he was using RELOADS.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
iCeMaN said:
Thought you guys may want to look at this post.....
Sorry - but linking directly to there is a rules violation (but, I understand why you posted it):

3. If you have made posts on other FN forums you are welcome to reproduce the information here. Please do not post links to other FN forums - otherwise your post may be removed. Links to ANY OTHER forums for reference material are welcome.
Now, I'm not trying to shut this down because someone claims that there is another issue with an FN weapon. Magparts had a case failure 1x with some FN ammo in his PS90 - but I believe it was the ammo's fault - not the gun. And, I've seen issues reported with almost all brands of factory ammo.

So, occasionally, that can happen to any ammo brand.

However, as pointed out - after the story with the Five Seven handgun and the reloads, who knows what's true anymore.

However - I gotta enforce the rules. Sorry...

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
devildoc said:
The guy probably left out the part where he was using RELOADS.
+1

notice how reloads are always involved, "I was shooting a mix of factory ss197 and reloads"

·
Registered
5 Posts
So . . . . is it safe to assume that factory loads or Elite ammo is the only safe and recommended diet for the FsN and PS90 ?

I'm thinking about reloading . . . maybe not a good idea?

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
elite is still reloads.
Just because you buy factory ammo, pull the bullet and replace the powder and bullet with a new one doesn't make it factory.
Its still remanufactured or reloaded ammo.
Until FNH declares elite to be "factory" ammo that won't void FNH warranty, its still reloads.

Not saying there is anything wrong with elite ammo, just stating that FNH will only warrant your PS90 using factory ammo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
+1 - I already had that straight in my mind, just didn't clarify too well in previous post :oops:

Let me rephrase: How many of you use reloads, and how many of you use FN factory ammo only? Why?

:?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
Blew up a Glock 17 in 1993 using someone else's reloads. SInce then, I use ZERO reloads or remanufacturered ammo.

I have had people ask to shoot 1 of my guns before, and they had "remanufacturered ammo." I said - sorry.... No reloads period thru any of my guns!

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My apologizes ShipWreck. I just found it do be an interesting thread.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I remember years ago, a buddy of mine made some hi-powered loads for my Desert Eagle, as they only function properly with certain loads. I never fired them as I was afraid of what/how he might have loaded them. I trusted his reloads prior, but didn't feel quite comfortable poss. destroying $1,000.00 gun.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I only use factory ammo. Most people that reload get into making HOT loads. In my opinion it is like trying to get a weapon to do something it wasn't intended to do. I look at it this way, if I can't kill the creature with factory rounds then I need a bigger gun, and not try to make a 22LR shoot like a 50cal.

Yes, I also distroyed a handgun years ago shooting some reloads. Expensive lesson.

·
Banned
4,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just another reason y u dont use reloads in the caliber....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts