FN Herstal Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have an opinion on the new Red Dot (RD) optics option (PS90 RD)? Looks decent. Is there a price on it yet?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
reddirt said:
Does anyone have an opinion on the new Red Dot (RD) optics option (PS90 RD)? Looks decent. Is there a price on it yet?
This is all FN has told us here on the site:

1. Any new news about new accessories or ANYTHING else coming out for the PS90 for 2009? There will be a new C-More mini red dot sight model coming out in '09. It should be in the new catalog and on our web site soon.
That was from the dec Q&A.

I haven't heard of a street price yet.

·
Premium Member
3,590 Posts
wlcohen said:
past experience tells me to stay away from all FN optics
Thats only because you got the White Ring Sight version, had you got a Black Reticle Ring Sight, you definetly wouldn't be saying that.

·
Registered
857 Posts
tqtran said:
wlcohen said:
past experience tells me to stay away from all FN optics
Thats only because you got the White Ring Sight version, had you got a Black Reticle Ring Sight, you definetly wouldn't be saying that.
Exactly, any company that puts out a sight like that should not be trusted with future sights. Also the standard FS2000 sight is nothing to brag about either.

I still say go with the tri-rail and get a high quality after market sight

·
Registered
22,109 Posts
Suppose FN desided to put an Eotech or an Aimpoint, etc. on it? I suppose that would be not good as well?

My point is that wait until it comes out and see what it is like before judging.

It may good.

·
Registered
174 Posts
that reminds me, I've gotta run down to the gun store and put a deposit on the new SCAR that Lorcin is making...

·
Registered
225 Posts
looks like a ps90 with a doc optic red dot. kinda cheesy that it doesnt even have a top rail if you ask me. ive seen the tri rail with the doc optic on there and its pretty cool. i would buy the tri rail and put my own doc optic on it, thats just my opinion though

·
Registered
857 Posts
SONYtec said:
Suppose FN desided to put an Eotech or an Aimpoint, etc. on it? I suppose that would be not good as well?

My point is that wait until it comes out and see what it is like before judging.

It may good.
It would be fine, but i would still go with the tri-rail so I can chose my own optic. It also makes switching out optics more easy. Why be stuck with a manufactures choice when there are so many good/better choices out there.

I have already passed judgement based on the ps90 white sight and the cheesy FS2000 sight. - An FN red dot, no thanks

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Didn't C-more try to sell these sights with the Colt h-bar rifles a few years back? They sucked back then. No one wanted them. The guy's that tried them said they snapped off they optical lens as well as other cheapness problems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts