FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im new to the forum ....glad i found it ...hope someone out there can help.... i have a sb ps90(cmmg barrel and can adaptor) with a .223QSM titanium can...problem is after firings 10-20 rounds(one per second) with the can on,gun loses accuracy(rounds 2-3inches off zero at 10yards) and then the gun misfeeds...the misfed round looks like the bullet has been "pushed back in" the cartridge...really strange looking... take the can off and all is well...this suggests abnormal increased chamber pressure(obviously one would expect some increased pressure with a suppressor, but this cant be normal)...the gun is clean and every thing looks good (ie looking down barrel through can) ...this happens repeatedly....normally i use ss195 ammo, but happens even with ss197 (requiring several more round to misfunction).....is this typical of suppressed ps90s? ...man i sure hope not .... hope someone has some answers for me...im stumped!.....thanks ....john

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting problem. I'm in the process of finding a threaded barrel to move an AAC M4-2000 to this platform.

This is no help, but how did it sound? I'm thinking they supress really, really well with the rate of burn of the powder. SS crack to be sure...but I'm thinking you really suppress out the blast....

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
15,557 Posts
I have read about cans on HKs and other guns - and many people claim that the accuracy is a little off when using one. So, I think that is part of the game, unfortunately.

I can't speak to the other issue, however.

·
Registered
32 Posts
suppressor issues

If it was an increased chamber pressure issue, I would think that you would have more issues with failure to eject, due to the increased pressure causing the spent brass to stay expanded against the chamber walls for a longer period, there by throwing off the timing of the cycle.

Dented rounds sounds more like feed issues, though I am hard pressed to guess why. You didn't say what ammo you were using, is this factory ammo, reloads, subsonics, etc?

It's possible that a change in pressure is keeping the bolt from coming back as far due to the round sticking, and then not having the right energy to feed the next round.

Do you have more than one magazine? is it the same for all mags? if you only load 40 rounds or less, do you get the same result? If you fire slower, does it still misfeed?

All guesses on my part, but things to look at. My suppressor does not do the thing you are describing, and with a .223 can, I would think that there is much lower pressure than a smaller can like my Spectre.

You might consider posting on the www.silencertalk.com website, they have some very experienced people there, someone might be able to help.

Onyx

·
Banned
2,294 Posts
This guy is right, silencer talk is the place to go.

Gemtech G5 and no problems here thus far. Certainly nothing as you describe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts