FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I had a some sort of BUIS for my PS-90 triple rail, I have a Aimpoint Comp3 with a 50,000 hrs. battery life but I still wish there was some provision for an iron sight. It just kinda bugs me!

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
You'll have to settle for the clamp on type, Like those used on AR15 flat tops. The down side is you have to carry them seperately as added weight. The up side is that there adjustable and should prove more accurate than the stock units.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree, we have been looking for some kind of backup sights for our SWAT and Patrol rifles. I like what FNH did with the stock sight (on top) but the Eotechs are too tall for that. I had an idea that if someone created a clear static cling type overlay for the Eotech glass with the three bar setup...would that be accurate at close and intermediate ranges?

Just not enough rail space

Someone try it and report back.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Folding BUIS

And they index with Eotech and other "reflex" type sights like thus.....

I plan on playing around with mounting a set on just the integral top rail as well as on extended length rails to see what works best with an optic. These folks make two lengths as well as a quick detatch version and only raise the height by 0.50" but I'm still searching for others.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Not being happy with origional PS90 sight, I replaced it with a top rail (magazine parts deluxe rail) that had a groove down the center. One day while having a hell of a time zeroing a Fastfire sight, I just took the damn thing off, looked down the groove, and fired away in spite. ' Ended up with a pretty damn good grouping. I guess reflexive fire does pay off. :?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Most any AR-15 Sights
I would take a look at the ARMS Sights a look at the 40L
OR if you need to save a few buck just get the Magpul sights

·
Registered
261 Posts
Same thing has been in the back of my mind but I haven't been able to justify the money nor do I want to deal with the clutter factor of of putting standard AR BUIS on my TR (running an Eotech) as well. I actually found what I think would be the perfect rear peep site but haven't figured out a front site that would be simple clean and easy... Chime in if you have any ideas of what might go with the rear. Matt

·
Premium Member
21,753 Posts
You two did notice this thread died in 2008?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts