FN Herstal Firearms banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious for those of you who have vests with the center sling attachment (like the Stargate rig), where does the rifle rest while sitting? Is it too long to remain attached while, say, driving? Does the barrel rest between your legs?

I was wondering about this since the P90 was designed as a PDW for drivers and chopper pilots and such, but it has the shorter barrel.

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I haven't tried it sitting yet - I suppose you could have the longer barrel stick down between your leg OR have the front part of the stock rest on your leg, with the barrel slightly to the side and down.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Think you could deploy it while in a vehicle?

·
Registered
15,559 Posts
I think I could if I had to - but honestly, U may want to disconnect it and just have it loose, and reconnect it to the vest when U get out and have a chance to.

If U needed it quickly - it would still be next to U - and the gun is still 100% useful without being connected to the vest for that short moment if need be.

But, if a passenger in a vehicle - it should be fine.

However, if U are the driver, it probably wouldn't work well with the steering wheel.

·
Vendor
5,798 Posts
I wouldn't attach it to the vest while in a vehicle. I'd keep it in my lap or beside me for easy access so I can pick it up and fire it out the drivers window with my left hand. (even allowing the entire rifle to go out the window to fire ahead or behind me). I can use the right hand to fire the weapon out the passenger side.
:?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Drivers should not have a slung weapon if possible. Stick it in between the seat and the shifter. Barrel is always pointed down. It is rare that a driver would need to shoot from a moving vehicle. Driving and shooting while in a gunfight is too difficult. You want to use your best weapon, which is the car, not the gun.

·
Registered
227 Posts
LOL ok.

Horizontally with the barrel aiming to the left., gut level. If you have to use it, you can rest the barrel in the crook of your left elbow. One reason why a 2 point sling can be better than a 1 pointer.

Vertical placement has more issues for the driver.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts